Both of the boys were just standing there with their mouths gaped open while I watched in amazement. Our lacrosse team had definitely gotten better than it used to be, but we've never had anyone like him. "Who is that?" 

As the kid took his helmet off the sound of his friends cheering his name sounded all around the field, "Sounds like his name's Liam, and it looks like you two should get out there and try to practice some. Would't want him to take your spot as captain, Scotto." 

****

"We talked to that kid Liam after practice in the locker room, he's a freshman who got kicked out of his school last semester which would explain why he's here now. He said he chose to come here for lacrosse..." Stiles explained as we took our seats in the dreaded math class. Well, we may dread it but nobody dreaded it more than Malia. 

Speaking of Malia, she plopped down into the seat in front of me, releasing a heavy sigh as she hit the chair. "I don't wanna be here, school and math are pointless."

Stiles cocked his head to the side, eyes squinted towards her. "Well, not really. School is pretty important, and math is essential." 

"To what?" 

"Knowing how much to tip at restaurants." 

I chuckled a bit but when Lydia turned around in her seat she didn't seem as amused, "And other less important things like medicine, economics, engineering–" 

"Tipping." 

I shook my head and faced the front of the room as Ms. Fleming took her usual spot next to the board, "Alright, volunteers to the board. Lydia, Diego, Malia." 

"Um..." Malia turned slightly in her seat to give us a look of panic, "I didn't volunteer." 

"You did now. To the board." 

Stiles just shot her a thumbs up, but Malia didn't seem to appreciate it much since she shot a small growl his way in response. "You'll be fine." I assured her, "Lydia will be up there with you to help." 

The room fell silent, only the sound of chalk hitting the board and slight whispers from Lydia sounding from the front of the room. I'm assuming the whispers were her helping Malia considering she had placed a correct answer on the board. No offense to Malia but she typically doesn't get anything in math right, like....ever. "Otto..." 

"Hmm?" I hummed, turning towards Stiles. 

"We have a problem..." 

****

"An axe murderer?" 

"A family murdering axe murderer." Stiles corrected Kira as we made our way down the hallway. 

I tugged my bag back onto my shoulder, my short legs attempting to keep up as we all briskly walked down the hall. "Does this really surprise you though? It's Beacon Hills we're talking about." 

"I already heard about." Scott informed. 

"Wait. What? You did? How?" 

Scott turned around, "My mom called me. She knew we'd see it on the news." 

"Perfect! Let's go!" 

"Woah, woah...dude, we've got Econ in like five minutes." 

Stiles seemed to be a little taken aback by Scott's response, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't as well. Usually getting Scott out of school was almost too easy, now all of the sudden he wants to go to Econ? "Alright. Did you forget the part about the family-murdering axe murderer?"