A Kiss On The Lips

Start from the beginning

"Congrats." He gave her a hug then took the present in his hands. "I gotta go, my fish is getting cold. I hope you enjoy the rest of the night!" He said before taking off. 

I rocked back and fourth on my Louis Vuitons, "Yeah... Well we better get to our seats. Dinner was just served." 

We headed back to the table, and I began to sweat. I was nervous. I didn't know how to introduce Gena and Lindsay. I had a feeling Linds knew who Gena was, but Gena hadn't a clue how Linds looked and I assumed that's how Zacky wanted to keep it. 

As we arrived at the table, I turned around and saw Linds give interest into Gena. 

Fuck. 

Relax. "Gena, this is Lindsay, my friend." I bit down on my lip, "Lindsay this is-" 

"Gena Paulhus." Linds finished it off for me. My eyes widened and my cheeks began to resemble tomatoes. I'm in the line of fire. "You're even prettier in person." 

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Gena asked, surprised, shaking her hand. 

Linds shook her head, "No but since I've worked with Avenged I've had to do my research and your name came up. I saw a few pictures of you." 

Mr. Haner looked at me, shocked himself and mouthed, "Is that the other woman?" I nodded, in which he returned his attention to Suzy. 

Gena shifted her eyes between Linds and I; I could tell she was putting two and two together. "Interesting... Well have a seat." 

That played off well.

About an hour and a half into the wedding, the night was going great... for some people. 

Gena was completely sober while Lindsay and Zacky were out on the balcony drinking. I knew it hurt Gena tremendously to see him do something as shady as invite the woman he cheated on her with. 

"Babe." Brian said, over the booming music. I turned around and saw him and his buzzed-face; probably the most attractive face Brian Haner Jr could wear. "C'mere." 

He took me by the hand and led me out into the lobby of the hall. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me, long and hard. 

And then people ask why I like buzzed-Brian so much. 

"Let's go into the coat room so I can feel you up." He said between kisses.

I chuckled, pushing him away, "You're so drunk." 

"Off you... Babe, I got a favor to ask you." 

Oh great, another favor. 

"What?" 

"Zacky feels like he can't be affectionate towards Lindsay with Gena there looking all sad... Do you mind like... Asking her to leave?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows, pealing myself completely away from him, "Excuse me?" I raised my voice, hoping and praying he was only drunk talking. "Are you fucking kidding me?" 

"Babe, he's done so much for us. The least we can do is ask her to leave so Zacky can feel comfortable at his own best friend's wedding, come on." 

"You're completely and utterly stupid, if you think I'm-" I took a look into the hall as the door opened only to see Gena with her head lowered, quickly running out, "What's wrong?" I stop her before she could leave the building. 

She lifted her head and showed me the tears streaming down her face, "Coming was a bad idea. I shouldn't have came." 

"Thank you!" Brian spat, raising his arms up. I glared at him, feeling so much anger in me, "Shit..." 

"You know what? Gena, wait for me in your car, we're leaving." 

"We are?" 

"You are?" 

"Yes." I answered the both of them, "And you." I pointed to Brian, "You're dead when you get home." 

He chuckled, taking a swig of his beer, "I don't care." He sang, walking back into the banquet hall. 

It bothered me that he'd been acting like a real asshole the past few weeks... I didn't know what got into him. What happened to the Brian I married? The Brian who stopped all sorts of toxic things for his own daughter? 

"I mean, how fucked up can someone be?" Gena cried over the counter at a bar in West Hollywood as she sipped on her Montana Tornado and I on my Lava Flow. She held the straw between her manicured fingers,  "I know you were trying to not be biased about things but he's such an asshole. I hate him. I don't know why I ever married that lying, no good, cheating son-of-a-bitch. I hope he breaks his foot or his hands." 

"Damn," I chuckled, mixing my drink, "You do not have sympathy for the bastard, do you?" 

She smiled, "No. I don't mean it. I want what's best for him... It's just, why would he do that? And with her! What is she like, 10?" 

"21." I corrected.

"21!" She shouted, "Twenty-fucking-one. She's just a child. What is she doing with Zacky? If he did it with her, he'll do it to her... I swear, he made me feel like I'm not good enough. I fucking hate him."  

"I hate Brian." I said, spacing out. 

"He's a dick too. I mean, you two are perfect and I love your relationship but I don't know Jackie, if it's because I'm sort of drunk or what the fuck up, he's acting different..." 

I nodded, "He's been drinking and smoking a lot again... It worries me." I bit down on my straw.

"A Kiss on the Lips for you two lovely ladies?" A voice from behind said. 

I rolled my eyes not on the mood to be hit on, "A kick in the nuts for you-" My eyes widened, realizing it was Brennen, "Oh my God. What are you doing here?" 

He smiled, placing his beer on the counter, "Gena told me where you guys were at. Why are you crying?" He asked Gena once he noticed she had tears in her eyes. He quickly pulled her into his embrace and held her, until she calmed down. 

She proceeded to explain to him the night's events, eventually looking at me to finish the sentences for her. 

"That dick!" He said, "Don't worry. I'm here now. Oh shit, Gena , Jackie, this is my friend Mikey. Mikey this is my friend Jackie and my lovely angel Gena." 

This Mikey guy shyly waved, shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you." 

"Same here." 

"So what are your plans for tonight ladies?" Brennen asked, going over Gena's curves. 

I shrugged, "Probably head home. I have to pick up Sophia in a bit."

He shook his head, "She's in safe hands right now. How about we all bar hop? I know many guys who own bars. Say a beer or drink per bar? We have a driver." 

"I don't know." I hesitated, "I didn't tell Brian where I was going." 

Mikey threw his arm over me, "Your man doesn't have to know everything. C'mon. Just a few more drinks. Then our driver will take you home and them to his house since I have a feeling that's where they'll end up." 

Gena pouted, bating her eyelashes at me. She won me over. "Fine. But after three bars, I need to get back home." 

"Definitely!" Brennen shouted, taking Gena by the hand as Mikey and I followed behind them.

The night went well for all four of us. 

As bad as it looked, it wasn't. Mikey and I had an innocent conversation about his boyfriend who just came back from an eight-year tour in Iraq. His eyes lit up every time he'd speak about him. I told him about Brian and how things weren't as I expected them to be.

After that, everything was a blur...