28. You Listen To His Music Together (CALM)

Start from the beginning

"Ashton, which of your songs would you consider to be the most poetic?" You asked, finding him and the other boys eating in the kitchen.

"Maybe Amnesia, or The Girl Who Cried Wolf." He suggested, turning from his conversation with Calum.

"Why?" Luke asked, his speech muffled by an entire mouthful of pizza.

"I'm supposed to be analyzing song lyrics for a project." You replied, writing down Ashton's suggestions.

"And you chose to do one of our songs? I'm flattered." Calum grinned, setting his food down, "But you're going about this all wrong."

"YOU SHOULD DO GOOD GIRLS!" Michael interrupted earning multiple glares from the others.

"I don't think her teacher would appreciate that song." Luke snickered.

"Shut up! I meant that she should be doing one of my choices. Listen, don't be all depressing like Ashton, pick something more upbeat like Permanent Vacation." Calum explained, placing a hand on your shoulder and gesturing to the air in front of the two of you as if allowing you to see the vision.

"That one I like, but if you really want a deeper meaning pick Greenlight." Michael butted in, this time Ashton actually slapped him.

"Greenlight? I haven't heard that one." You said confused, looking over at Ashton questionably. Why didn't that one come up? Was he trying to hide something?

"No. No maybe Calum's right, something upbeat and symbolic like Voodoo Doll." Your brother said hurriedly changing the subject and giving the others a look. You knew that look all too well and it wasn't going to work this time. The damage had been done and now for better or worse you were curious.

"So what's Greenlight about then?" You completely ignored Ashtons little speech and turned to the other three for answers.

"It was a bonus track on the first album. I'm surprised he hasn't listened to it with you." Luke explained clearly skirting around your question.

"We HAVE listened to the album but not THAT song so wHATS IT ABOUT?" You huffed not at all impressed by their dancing around the subject.

Calum grinned and opened his mouth to answer but Michael interrupted, "Google it." He said quickly.

"Wha-?" Calum turned to Michael in shock but a hand was shoved over his mouth.

"Google it." He gritted out nodding at you.

You looked at him confused but got your phone out anyway. As you were typing in the search the boys all huddled together and whispered clearly thinking that you didn't hear.

"WHY WOULD YOU SUGGEST THAT?" Ashton hissed clearly not pleased by the other twos suggestion.

"She's just looking up the lyrics." Michael said innocently and you could hear his pout pretending to be upset at Ashton's anger.

"Yea, besides she's bound to hear it eventually better here than on the streets." Calum added clapping your brother on the back.

"I'm not so sure-." Luke said warily, but he was cut off like usual by Michael.

"Luke would you rather her be uninformed?" Michael asked appalled.