The Trick to Get Rid of Writers Block

Ah. Writers block. The worst enemy for a writer.

You're probably here wondering how you can get rid of it, right? And that is where I come in, correct?

Well, you're right.

There are multiple ways to get rid of this demented blockage for you. But it all differs on how you work as sometimes, these won't always work for everyone.

Personally, I have two ways to get rid of it for me. The first way is to write something else. Make a new document or pick up a different notebook and just randomly write what comes to mind. It could be the beginning of a book you wanted to write before or just something random that comes to you. And it could be anything. The second way is to stay away from writing. Forget about your work. For me, I do this for a good week until my mind is nicely refreshed with newer ideas to bring to the table. If, earlier, I get ideas or whatnot, then I try to sit down and write then and there (or whatnot).

Other ways I've found were...

1) Don't be too hard on yourself.

You may not be writing because your critical side's engine is running and needs to be turned off. So turn it off and lock the doors. Get away from it. Sit down and write with a healthy, kind mind that approves of the ideas and ways to write you give.

2) Write a different project.

Some people end up switching from project to project when they get writers block. You don't necessarily have to post it online if you don't want to, but just hold something in the files or notebooks that are of a slowly progressed project when in this horrible disaster.

3) Consider your writing space.

Some people, like myself, usually write in their bedroom, probably with a table or whatnot. Away from the world. But sometimes, what's blocking you is your inspiration for which sometimes can come from environment. Go to a cafe or a restaurant and write, or you could sit outside in your backyard, or go to a park, or the library, or somewhere that allows your brain to feel free and open.

And 4) Maybe watch  or read something to get your brain started.

Sometimes, we just need a boost to help ourselves out of that dark, narrow place we call writers block. And to do so, we get inspired by something like watching a movie, a show, or something off of the Internet, or you read something such as a book, poem, or an article found on the Internet. These kind of help you get an idea for something to write about and depending, may also help you with the current book you're writing.

Now, do realize that to get rid of this blockage, it won't take 24 hours. It's not an overnight thing where you can sleep it off. It takes time. I sometimes have writers block for a day, sometimes a week, sometimes a few months. It all depends.

But I do wish you luck!