American Schooling Pt. 9 - More Extras

I've seen a lot of people asking about the American school systems, so I will like to provide you the information on them. I have been to over fourteen different types of schools in various areas, so I'm using my knowledge from that and from my siblings' schools. Do know that I'm no "knowledge-keeper" when it comes to this - I know a lot of the system, but there are things that I am unaware of. If you do have any questions that I did not answer throughout any of these areas, please comment below. I will try my best to find the answer from my most wonderful best friend, Google.

Now, let's get started.

In this final chapter about the system, we will talk about what a normal day of school looked like, senior fun, graduation, and after graduation (and the beginning of college searching).

A normal day:

Again, schools will be different with what happens, but basically... when you get inside the building, you head to the gym first. It's the very first place you go to before class - I believe they do this so they can find the other students who go to places that they don't belong. But you mainly wait in the gym, on the stands, for a good ten minutes. Then they release you, row by row for your classes.

You can go to a class, but you have to have a slip of some kind with the signature of that teacher's. Otherwise, the teachers won't let you through the hallways.

Now, I get asked a lot by what homeroom is. This completely differs between the schools. The definition of "homeroom" is where you go to the class first thing in the morning (after the gym or whatnot). But there are other reasons as to what it would be. Homeroom can be a normal class, and is just called "homeroom" because it's your first class of the day. It can just be a room you go to every or every other morning for fifteen or twenty minutes. Or you go to the room on specific days, for instance, to get report cards or meet there to go to a pep-rally.

Most teachers I've had would go through notes on the board (much like a projection screen) but called a smartboard. It would be connected to their computer and you use a special pen that is connected to it, as it can be touch-screen.

Then after the notes or even during, they would lecture you about what you're learning

Then after the notes or even during, they would lecture you about what you're learning. May even start up a debate.

Some teachers may play educational games for what you're learning; for instance, my class used to play a different version of family feud - it would be where the class was split into two, the teacher would ask questions to each team and if you get it right, you get a point, if you get it wrong, it goes to the other team and so forth - until the teams can get it right. By the end of the game, the team that won would get a special treat (like candy, extra credit, or being exempt from a test of their choice (for example, you could ask to be exempt for the next test coming up, or ask to be exempt from a test you did really bad on so you don't get that grade on your report card)).