Writing Multiple Stories

For those of you who can't seem to let ideas be set aside for later, you're wondering if you can write multiple stories at once. How many are thinking? Two, maybe? Three? Six?

I normally tell people to write one story at a time. The reason why is because it's too much, they end up losing interest in their earlier stories, they lose focus... there's a lot of reasons. But it also depends on how many you're writing. If you're writing, two, that's okay. Over that, you're losing your mind.

Now, I've tried to write stories at the same time. Some of you may have saw that. I tried to write (1) New Message and My Invisible Wound at the same time and one book would be left alone for two months, and the other would be the same. Mind you, I don't use a schedule. I update whenever I get done with the chapter (and procrastinating). But I couldn't hold it up with both stories. So I stopped writing (1) New Message and continued my other story.

What people ask about is how do you balance it. My answer of how I did it was that I wrote one chapter of one book, posted that, then focused on one chapter of the other book, and posted that. But it takes a while to do so and it will leave you losing inspiration and everything else when it begins to crumble around you.

So my best answer would be to write one book off of Wattpad. You can focus on it whenever you'd like. And you don't have to write the entire book in able to publish it, but at least write ten chapters before you begin updating it. This way, you can update it without the feeling of being rushed or pressured.

But honestly? Keep your extra ideas for later. Set them aside for your next book. And if you're one to forget easily, write it down somewhere. I use my laptop to write; I would just write the title of it in like a notepad and save them. That way, when I want to make another story, I have the title and a partial idea (because I may have forgotten its original plot).