American Schools Pt. 2 - Middle

I've seen a lot of people asking about the American school systems, so I will like to provide you the information on them. I have been to over fourteen different types of schools in various areas, so I'm using my knowledge from that and from my siblings' schools. Do know that I'm no "knowledge-keeper" when it comes to this - I know a lot of the system, but there are things that I am unaware of. If you do have any questions that I did not answer throughout any of these areas, please comment below. I will try my best to find the answer from my most wonderful best friend, Google.

Now, let's get started.

Much like elementary school, there are different types of titles. You have intermediate, junior high, and middle school. And much like elementary school, each mainly is used in a town that is overpopulated by students, in which the district separated the schools.

Intermediate is a school for seven to eighth graders, sometimes, they may add in ninth graders, but not always. This happens when sixth graders go to elementary school.

Junior high, on the other hand, is usually meant for seventh to ninth graders.

But in this chapter, we're focusing on middle school.

Middle school is for grades sixth to eighth grade. Is more for those that are stuck in the middle, you know?

Their grades and ages look similar to:

Sixth grade = 11-12 years old.

Seventh grade = 12-13 years old.

Eighth grade = 13-14 years old.

There is a saying out there that says, "Middle school is preparing you for high school," and actually, it's quite true. Middle school is basically a mini-high school. You begin to have a lot more classes, lockers, and more work than elementary school.

The range between classes is about six to eight; each being around thirty to forty-five minutes long.

You also have a lot more electives that you can choose on your own (sometimes). For instance, in seventh grade, I was taking study hall, German, Spanish, art, personal finance, and family consumer science (which also consisted of cooking - that was how I learned how to make my amazing pancakes!) In eighth grade, I took a study hall (but it was only me because I was having trouble in class, unlike other students), P.E, and a drama class (acting and directing - we made short films with cameras from both the school and our own, and acted in small plays for the class). The reason why I had much more electives in seventh grade was because where I was going did them in small amounts of time. I would take each for about two months, but I would go to at least two to three of them a day. The rest of my classes were normal - between social studies, science, English, pre-algebra, and homeroom. In eighth grade, the school that I was going to was where I had each class for a full year. My study hall was shortened because they found out that I had bad memory skills - which was why I was failing some of my classes.

Much like elementary school, you learn about different things - it's not always precise. In seventh grade, I was learning...

Science - the human body, an animal's body (I also got to dissect a frog), and genetics (learning at basic level, really).

English - learning different vocab. words, understanding a book, etc.

Social studies - ancient Greece and Italy.

Math - pre-algebra.

In eighth grade, I was learning...

Science - chemicals and simple biology.

English - understanding poems and short stories, writing essays and short stories, writing summaries of a book I read, and reading books (I also got introduced and fell in love with The Hunger Games during this class).