From a Boys Perspective?

I see a lot of people second guess themselves if girls would read from a boy's perspective or if a boy's perspective is interesting.

Here's a quick answer for you: DO NOT CARE FOR WHAT PEOPLE THINK. YOUR STORY IS YOUR STORY. IF YOU WANT TO USE A BOY'S POINT OF VIEW, THEN USE IT. IF NOT, THEN DON'T USE IT.

I'm sorry. I had to get that off my chest.

Now here's the long answer...

Girls will read anything, as long as it's interesting. Think of this: everyone has their own interests. Some girls may not like it, because it may not be their cup of tea. Boys might not like it either, because it may not suit them.

Just like genres. People ask if a girl will read a horror or an action book. Does it really matter? Back then, everything was off of stereotypes. J.K Rowling couldn't put her name, Joanne Rowling, on the cover of Harry Potter. She had to make up a pen name. Why? Because she was told that boys won't pick up the book if it's written by a woman.

But if I have to be frank here, in this day and age, people don't care about who it was by. People care about if the story interests them and how well written it is. There are tons of girls out there who will go out and buy an action novel full of car chases, gun and fist fights... There are guys out there who will go out and pick up a romance novel. I mean, ever heard of Nicholas Sparks, the author of The Notebook and A Walk to Remember? They are romance novels! Or even John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars? That, too, is also a romance novel! These books were written by men! Men! They didn't have to change their names to Nicole Sparks and Jane Green because they wrote romantic novels.

Yes, that may come as a shocker to you if you've never heard of a male romance writer, but it is quite true.

Gender does not matter. As long as the story is interesting, the reader will pick it up.

So if you are interested in writing a book - romance, action, horror, whatever - based on some character's point of view who is either a girl or a guy, do not second guess yourself and think people won't enjoy it. If you will pick up the book yourself as a reader, then go for it.