Why You Should Plan & Not Post Updated Stories

There are people that plan their stories. There are people that don't. There are those that plan, but only specific areas and only for specific reasons.

But here's the thing... I see a lot of people giving up their stories because they're stuck, lost inspiration, or feel as though their writing isn't good enough.

This chapter is about why you should plan your stories out and why you shouldn't post stories that are currently being updated.

So why should you plan?

 - It helps you keep track of your writing, so you're not sitting there thinking, "What happens next?"

- It helps you stay excited. You will make scenes and chapters that excite you; if you lose motivation, look at the list of areas that excite you. Make that be your motivator.

- It helps you find out the faults of the idea, making sure it makes sense.

- It helps you know the details.

Now, why should you not post stories that are currently updated? (ALSO, this is [mainly] for those who always finds themselves deleting their stories after a few chapters).

- If you complete the story, you can post easily without having to drop the story.

- You don't have to have peer pressure when it comes to having a schedule.

- You can take all the time you want with it.

- You aren't disappearing without updating the story (being gone for a long length of time and having a few chapters up) which will result in losing readers.

I know this sounds bad on my end (as I do have a story in progress that I'm writing on my own terms), but I do see that a lot which is why I brought it up.