Becoming Popular on Wattpad

I can't tell you how many times I have answered this question and how many times I've seen this question. Because it's just way too many. And even though I have already answered it multiple times, I will give a public speech about it, just in case you haven't seen it around.

Advertise:

Be careful for where you advertise it on Wattpad. Advertising your story in the clubs is against the rules. This just means in the place it doesn't belong, meaning outside the Share Your Story threads.

If you're new, you must be reading that with a confused facial expression. Like, "What the hell is that, Alicia?" But hear me out, okay? If you don't know what a thread is, it's a discussion "board" that has a list of comments from users - it's a way how to communicate with the public here on Wattpad. I know, right? I don't understand why they call it a thread either. I keep thinking it's a piece of thread from fabric, you know? Ha! But that's what it is. Now, at the top of every genre club (Romance, Teen Fiction, Fan Fiction, and so on) is a pinned thread. Pinned threads are in every club - they have a red pin on the left side of the title. At the top of the genre clubs is a "Share Your Story" thread - it's pinned - and that is where you go to share your story.

Yes, not many people go through it, but it still works and may give you a few reads. But hey, it does help.

Also think outside the box when it comes to advertising. Your limit isn't just Wattpad. Advertise your book on other websites, social websites like Twitter and Facebook. It'll help you expand your popularity to other people who love reading and or haven't found Wattpad yet. And you can do so many types of websites; maybe a writing website you know of, YouTube, and tumblr.

You may be thinking of "How can you advertise on YouTube?" Well there are multiple things you can do: when you're looking for songs or something that got you inspired, you can comment on the message board saying how it got you inspired for your book and post a link. You can talk about your book and how there may be similarities or something like that. You can even make your own channel about Wattpad and probably advertise yourself and your book on there too!

Look for people who want books:

There's always a few people somewhere who ask for recommendations. This doesn't mean you just go to their thread or message board or through PM and just give them your book. No. That just seems rude. First of all, read through their requirements. They may have a small list like plot-lines that they want to read, genres, rating requirements, or anything else like that. If you know of any stories that fit the "customer's" needs, then go ahead and PM them with those stories and then give them yours that fits well with their needs. This way, it doesn't seem rude or annoying.

Be in the clubs:

How can you get noticed if no one knows who you are?

You can't just post your story to this website and think it's going to get the reads by itself. You have to participate in club activities in order for your story to be shown out there. You must be thinking, "If I can't advertise my story in the clubs, then how can I get my story out there?" Good question.

What you do is be social. Interact with others. This means by talking to people about certain things, giving debates, playing games, helping people, and so on. Be active.

Here's another piece of advice: try your best to have good grammar and write well in the clubs. You may be disagreeing with me, saying how the clubs is where we are away from writing lessons. That may be true, but if you're one of those people who want to be noticed, having good grammar and writing well in your comments is a way to give a good impression on people. It'll make them say, "Hey, you have really great writing skills! Your work must be great!" When you're using text speak, bad writing, and your grammar is crap, that's where people may be second guessing themselves when they're thinking about heading to your story.