44. I told you this would happen

-Babe...- I announced entered the hotel room.

-Oh god what had happened?- she asked laying on the bed.

-It was Tree... we need to go back- I explained sitting by her side.

-Why? it was for the photo right?- Karlie asked scared.

-No Kar, don't panic- I answered quickly -I had to go to Nashville for business meetings before the show- I explained and she calmed down immediately -I've tried to change them but it's impossible, there are contracts and things that just came up yesterday.

-Okay...

-Are you mad at me?- I asked dubious by her reaction.

-I'm... I'm not mad at you Tay, I'm just sad, we still had a few days here alone and now we have to go to the reality- she confessed grabbing my hand.

-I'm sorry- I apologized.

-It's not your fault- Karlie said.

-Can I ask something?- I asked looking into her green eyes.

-What ever- Karlie shrugged.

-You're afraid of going back right?- I asked -you've been ignoring your phone, texts and emails since I arrived in Paris with you.

-How do you...

-Because I know you Kar- I replied with a half smile- you're afraid because when we get back you have to face them right?

-It's... yeah I guess- she admitted looking away -Don't get me wrong, I love being with you and how things are now the last few days have been the best of my life I don't want to change them but that means that I have to face the consequences and I don't know if I'm ready.

-Babe... I'm here for you, for what ever you need okay?- I said cupping her cheeks -promise me you're gonna talk with me, we'll figure it out together and yes maybe you will lose a few jobs or I don't know but you will overcome this.

-Do you really think that?- she asked.

-No I don't think it, I know it  Karlie- I answered with a half smile —don't be afraid of them and it's talking a person who spent three years reading and listening everything they said about me and I let them get into my head and I was pretty unhappy because of that, the only opinion of yourself that matters is yours Kars.

-And yours?- Karlie asked confused.

-Just be yourself because that's enough for me so... don't let them mess with you please- I said kissing her cheek.

-Thank you- she smiled.

-Why?- I asked.

-Because you always know what to say- Karlie shrugged still smiling.

-I have a thing for words you know...

-Shut up- Karlie laughed.

It was time for us to go back to New York, yo our lives, to the reality. Almost two weeks away didn't feel enough for us. I had work to do and a couple of last rehearsals because the tour was starting in just a couple of weeks. We packed all our things and the gifts for our family and friends and put the cats in their bags just in time to go to the airport where my jet was already waiting for us.

-You ok?- I asked when we were a few hours ago from our destiny.

-Yeah you know- Karlie replied- when are you going to Nashville?

-Tomorrow morning really early- I explained, I made the plan with Tree before we took off land- I will do all the paperwork on the morning and the full set rehearsal on the afternoon, just in time to take another flight and sleep here.