17. I missed you

I was nervous waiting outside that door who I had crossed so many times before. It could go really well or be the end of my relationship with Karlie. I took a deep breath and rang the bell. I think it was the longest minute of my life before the young model opened the door in front of me. She was in her pajamas but she was still as beautiful as ever. She looked surprised to find me there. I did not know what to say and she seemed just like me until she decided to break the moment.

-Taylor- she sighed and leaning against the door.

-I think that more than one week has been enough- I admitted ducking my head to look at my feet- we need to talk, can I come in?

-Come in- Karlie said stepping aside and letting me in.

I walked slowly through the apartment, like when you go for the first time to someone's house and you're not sure what to do or where to go. The difference was that I knew the apartment very well and still I didn't know what to do. Karlie offered me a cup of coffee and I accepted it. I saw her disappeared into the kitchen and I decided to sit on the couch. I breathed deeply and tried to clarify all my ideas before talking to her. For some reason having Karlie in front of me made me forget everything that I have though the previous days. I just wanted to run and kiss her. End that stupid fight. Karlie returned with a cup in hand that she gave me and I accepted with a half smile.

-How are you?- she asked sitting on the couch in front of me

-I've been better- I admitted shrugging- and you?

-I miss you- she replied looking straight into me eyes.

-I miss you too- I said.

-And... I'm not only missing my girlfriend, I miss my best friend too- Karlie added completely flushed.

-You don't know how hard is not take the phone and text you- I confessed, it was one of the hardest things these days.

-I know- she replied with a half smile- because I feel the same.

Another silence filled the room. I wanted to say so many things and at the same time I just wanted to kiss her and forget everything, there would be time to fix it later. Karlie looked equally lost in her doubts than me. I saw her playing with her nervous fingers, trying to know what to tell me.

-You should call Cara- I said breaking the silence.

-Cara?- she asked not understanding why I said that.

-I know you haven't returned her calls these days- I explained- she called me thinking that you would be with me.

-I was not in the mood to talk to anyone- she said looking in way.

-Cara is in New York because of her film- I told her- she wanted to see you.

-You are making me feel guilty- Karlie sighed.

-Easy, Cara is not mad- I didn't want her to feel guilty but I wanted her to know that her friend was worried- I met her for a meal when she knew that we had fought she understood.

-Did you lunch with her?- she asked surprised.

-Yeah... you don't mind right?- I asked for her reaction somewhat dubious.

-Of course not- she denied quickly- I like you get along with my friends.

-Cara and I agreed that we are friends- I laughed remembering our conversation- we don't need you anymore to keep our relationship alive.

-I hate you two- Karlie said crossing her arms, she was adorable with that child attitude.

-Don't be jealous, another day we will eat together with you- I said without thinking.