15. This is too much for me

I did not sleep much that night, I could only think about what Karlie and Tree had said the previous evening. I slept very little and did it badly. I had spent so many consecutives days sleeping with Karlie and now I was sleeping alone because of that stupid fight. Olivia was in my bed when I woke up, which meant that the model had to put her there in my room because she had not yet learned to jump to the bed. I looked at my phone as I petted her, I didn't have any text from Karlie. I sighed and let the phone aside before deciding to stand up. I needed a coffee if I wanted a good half day to think better about everything. I was walking through the kitchen when it gave me a feeling that there was something on the couch. When I approached it I saw that Karlie was there asleep with the same clothes. Meredith was lying on her stomach. It's never going to stop surprising me the affection she had for the model. I sighed at her and went to the kitchen without waking her up. She had stayed in the apartment but she had not gone up to sleep with me, probably she thought that I was very angry for that.

I made coffee and take a pill of a drawer, I had a headache because probably sleeping little and the fight. I sat at the kitchen table and that's when I remembered it. Karlie was there the previous evening before the onset of Tree studying, she had an important class today that she could not miss. I could have been a bad person and let her sleep for it to be lost but I did not do it. I care about her too much to do that. I knew how much she loved coding. I sighed and prepared another cup of coffee before entering the room and came closer to the model.

-Karlie- I said stroking her arm- get up, Karlie, you'll be late to code.

-What.. what is it?- she asked when she opened her eyes and saw me.

-You've had to fall asleep on the couch studying- I replied keeping the distance with her- you are gonna be late.

-I didn't fall asleep studying- Karlie correct me sitting on the couch.

-What?- I asked confused.

-That I didn't fall sleep unintentionally, I was on the couch because I didn't want to go home after our fight- she confessed looking into my eyes- I didn't want to leave things unresolved between us.

-Karlie- I said slowly- you are gonna be late and that class was really important or you said that yesterday.

-It is- she admitted- but I don't feel good after what happened yesterday, I didn't want to seem that I was running away without solving this.

-Karlie, go to class- I ordered.

-But we have to talk- she protested again.

-Go to class, we will talk later, I promise- I said standing up.

-Okay- she accepted sighing.

-You have a take away coffee in the kitchen- I said while drinking mine.

-Thank you- she said surprised- Can.. can I call you later? Do I come?

-You can come if you want- I replied slowly.

-Shit- she said looking at her phone.

-What's wrong?- I asked.

-I'm late and Gigi just text me to remind me what hour we will meet today- she told me- if you want I can cancel it.

-Gigi hasn't had the fault for this- I said seriously- don't cancel the meal, we see each other at the restaurant directly.

-But we have to talk- she reminded me.

-After the lunch we will have time- I said arms crossed before adding a comment that I knew it would hurt her- at the end of the day you want us not be anything but friends on the street, three friends eating together, that's what you want.