34. Australia

-Karlie?- I asked removing my sunglasses to look at her better.

-Yes- she answered sounding firmly.

-What are you doing here?- I asked confused by her presence there.

-I'm here to get you back- she said being direct even if she was also surprised by her own words.

-Karlie...I said slowly.

-Can we go to a quiet place to talk?- she asked.

-Ok- I accepted sighing- let's go to my hotel.

I got up and left some money over the table to pay the two margaritas I had drunk while I was admiring the beach. Karlie was following me in silence towards the car where Jack was already waiting for us. The model greeted him smiling and got into the cat. Minutes later we reached the hotel where I was staying. I felt uncomfortable, it was a weird situation. We walked to the hotel room, as soon as we were inside I locked the door and turned to face her again.

-How have you know where I was?- I asked sitting on the couch, away from her.

-I've had a little help- Karlie said shrugging.

-Tyler or Jack?- I asked knowing what she was implying.

-Tyler, you know I'm his favorite- she said laughing, she was trying to calm the situation.

-He shouldn't have told you anything- I said ducking my head.

-I've flown half world so I deserved it- Karlie said hurt.

-What are you doing here Karlie?- I asked, this was supposed to be my days off, away from all the noise of mu life.

-I need to talk with you- she answered sitting in front of me.

-You could have wait until I'll come back to New York- I suggested, I knew I was being hard with her but after our last conversation I couldn't make it easier.

-I couldn't wait, it's really important- Karlie said- beside I asked a few favors to be here, can you at least hear me?

-Favors?- I asked confused.

-All the flights were booked so I asked Lily to ask her husband to fly me here because he's touring in Australia these days- Karlie explained and I was surprised by the effort she put in it.

-Wow... is everybody ignoring my request of being alone this week?- I asked wryly.

-They just knew I really need to talk with you as soon as possible- she said shrugging her shoulders.

-It must be important- I said after a long silence.

-It is- Karlie affirmed.

-Do you want something to drink?- I asked getting up to run away again.

-Just water please- she asked.

I got up and went to the mini bar to pour two glass of water. I would drank a glass of wine but I had already drunk two margaritas and I needed to have cold feet for the conversation that was a heading.

-Taylor this months had been horrible- she said breaking the silence.

-It wasn't my best month either- I admitted, she wasn't the only one having a hard time.

-I don't want to be away from you, I know this seems dramatic but even New York doesn't feel the same because I am not with you- Karlie said trying to keep her nerves to herself.