10. Family

I teased Austin a lot because after interrogating him all morning he told me that something had happened between them the last few days and he was very happy. Ella couldn't keep prolonging her stay in the city because she had to go to LA to record her new album. She decided to stay one more day to meet my parents but I was convinced that Austin wasn't going to tell them anything about them at the moment... and for me... I didn't know if I would say something about Karlie or not. My parents arrived in my jet in the morning and Jack went to pick them up at the airport. My mother loved my house when she examined from top to bottom while my father decided to make fun about my decoration. Finally, the two gave me big thumbs up to my change of life and city.

Karlie: are your parents here?

Taylor: Yes! They just arrived :) will you come to eat with us?

Karlie: enjoy your family for a while, I will join you later babe

Ella apparently gave the same answer than Karlie to my brother Austin because for lunch it was just the four of us. My mother protested over the amount of paparazzi who were in my life since I lived there but she finally accepted when I told her I was used to and I didn't care at all. We ate at one of the restaurants that Karlie had showed me when I moved to the city and then took then for a walk. The times they had been in New York it was only for concerts or press so they hadn't be able to enjoy the city but today was completely different.

-Mom, Karlie is coming to dinner this night and Ella too- I said while we walked for the HighLine, I saw how Austin was grateful that it was me who had mentioned Ella even if I wasn't sure that she was coming.

-Did you hear that Scott?- She asked my father before joking- the family is growing and we don't have a barbecue near to celebrate.

-I'm sure you will be happy in my kitchen Mom- I said walking.

My mother saw my friends like family, no one really knew at that time that Ella and Karlie were more than family now than any of my other friends. Austin was behind us while we were walking, I knew him enough to know that he wanted to talk with me without the presence of my parents so I did the same.

-Thank you for inviting Ella- he told me when I was at his side.

-You are welcome, she is my friend- I reminded him laughing.

-I should have told you before but Ella and I are more than friends since a few days ago- he told me completely flushed.

-I imagined it- I admitted laughing at his attitude- I'm glad you listen my advice in Rhode Island.

-I guess you were right, I have to try right?- he told me sweetly.

-Ella is a great girl, you will make it work with flights and weekends and all of that- I said to cheer him up- for the moment let's enjoy dinner tonight.

-It's going to be fun- he admitted- and having Karlie close is always great.

-Austin- I scolded him.

-Don't think bad Taylor, I said it as a friend- he said rolling her eyes.

-Austin- I said more quiet.

-Stop yelling at me Taylor, I know it's Karlie, I will stop- he protested.

-It's not that- I said grabbing his arm to stop him- I don't know if I'm going to tell mom and dad yet but you've told me about Ella so I need to say it because I need emotional support tonight.

-Taylor, what happens? You are scaring me- he said looking at me worried.

-Let's say that Karlie and I are like Ella and you right now- I said trying to find the rights words.