37. Let's run away

After five long days of dance rehearsals and soundcheck finally I was on my plane on my way to New York, going home, bound for Karlie. The model and I had talked during the week but our conversations were limited to tell us what had gone on in our day. The I love you had clearly reduced by the strange feeling after our last discussion. I was not wrong in thinking that Tree wanted to kill me when I asked for two days off the next week. I had left to the band enough indications of the changes I wanted to do so they could test them without me and if anything happened they could always call but I expected them not to do it. I was dying to see Karlie and hug her, sometimes that healed all wounds, but when we landedI decide to go to my apartment first. I needed to change my clothes because I had come straight from the airport with rehearsals clothes and I wanted to be pretty for the model. I walked into my apartment and noticed it was lit to how late it was. I had not even closed the door when i heard a meow and saw Olivia come running to me. I closed the door and bent down to pick her up.

Hi dibbles- I said petting her head and walking to the couch- I missed you- it was then when I realized that Karlie was babysitting my cats, so why were they at my apartment?

-Taylor- the voice of the model broke the silence and she scared me.

-Karlie?- I asked confused when I saw her there, we were at my apartment right?

-What are you doing here?- KArlie asked confused closing her laptop.

-It is my apartment- I reminded her like if it were obvious.

-But you're supposed to be in La- she said clearly nervous.

-Yes but I decided to come earlier because I've missed you- I said without hiding the reason why I was there.

-I've missed you too- she replied with a grin o her face.

-You didn't know I was coming so... what are you doing in my apartment?- I asked breaking the moment.

-I... she looked around nervous.

-Is something wrong?- I asked putting Olivia on the floor again.

-I miss you and last week when you left we weren't on good terms- she explained playing with a pen that she still had on her hands- I know we had a fight for stupid things but we have a lot of pride and we are keeping this fucking tension between us but I miss you and coming to your apartment it's the only thing that has cheer me up these days- she confessed sitting on the couch- I'm sorry I didn't ask for permission I know I'm invading your space but I needed to feel you close.

-I miss you like crazy Karlie, that's why I am here- I said sitting on her lap- I don't care that you can here, this is your house too babe, you can come when ever you want.

-I have to confess that I've slept here for a couple of days, that's why the cats are here with me- she said blushing.

-Thank you for taking care of them, I think I don't say it enough- I said cupping her cheek, I missed those contacts.

-It's nothing- she said dismissively- have you really come here to see me?

-I needed to talk and just have a few days for us- I said when she wrapped her arms around my waist- I'm here to see you and something more.

-What?- she asked confused.

-It took me a while but I have a couple of free days, those plus the weekend...- I explained without erasing my smile- I think you were right, I should have thought about going to that desert island with you so... To make it up to you I'm letting you choose any place of the world for the next five days.