31. Happy? Birthday

-Can I know how you managed everything to organized a party in my own apartment without me knowing anything about it?- I said looking at Karlie.

-Happy birthday- it was her answer giving me a big hug in front of every body there.

-Thank you Kars I love it- I admitted without breaking the embrace- it's the best gift ever.

-I owed you a surprise party and maybe I have also a material gift- she whispered in my ear before she broke the contact.

-Really?- I asked surprised.

-Go to say hi to every body I will give it to you you later- she said smiling- by the way your cats are feed since last night, I asked it to Jack, they knew about the party.

I smiled, Karlie had thought about everything. I did what she told me and went to hug the rest of my friend who were there. I still couldn't believe that they were there, even my brother. Karlie got the apartment ready while I was in the event the previous day and that was the reason why she asked me to go to her apartment and that's why she didn't let me go back to it that morning before the meal. The furniture were aside of the room so there would be more space to dance. The stereo was already playing music and there was a bar with alcohol and several tables with food, there was even a photo booth.

-Thank you for coming- I said hugging Selena.

-Tell that to your girl- she said laughing- she was the one organizing all of this, she's been writing to us for weeks and getting everyone's number to get them here.

-She's amazing... I wasn't expecting it- I admitted being hones.

I said goodbye to Selena to go and greet other friends. Karlie was pouring two glass of wine, one of them for me. It was still early so the party was quiet, we had a long day ahed to enjoy it. Some of the guys were playing poll, others were taking photos or talking... I was going everywhere until Cara screamed that the show was about to start. Karlie and I sat together on the center of the couch, just right in front of the tv and they all gathered around to watch it. The show was really amazing and the performances by THE 1975 and HAIM looked great on tv. And Karlie looked even better in her first walk on the runway with her big gold wings. Ever body was excited and talking about everything that we were watching, every detail. Between one collection and another, they put interviews with the models and videos from backstage. It was finally my turn even if they showed me a couple of times on backstage wearing my VS robe talking with the angels. I was snuggling with KArlie who has her stare on the big screen while she was rubbing my hand. I couldn't erase my smile because the moment the showed Karlie she was singing my song, every lyric of it. The time when Karlie threw me a kiss and I waked with her, Karlie stooped the caresses and when I tried to grab her hand again I noticed her body tensing. The comments of our friend weren't helping, they kept telling how cute we were or making jokes about how jealous Karlie seemed when I was talking with someone even if not all the guests knew about us. I was glad that Ed performance was next because the ambience was lighter and the jokes about Ed and Selena scolding her for watch so much at the models saved us for a while but I knew what was coming. The video of Karlie dancing like a ballerina was now on the screen and I was drooling watching it.

-You're amazing- I said turning to whisper in her ear- I could watch you dance every day.

Karlie just gave me a shy half smile without looking at me. The camera focused on us at backstage while we went out to the stage. I noticed how Karlie parted a little bit from my body when we were walking holding hands. I think it didn't help that I stared at her from head to toe when we broke the contact of our hands. Karlie was tense and straight on the sofa, she was leaning to the front and it didn't matter that anybody tried to light the mood. The scenes on backstage kept playing and in all of that I was glue to Karlie, laughing, hugging or just looking at her like the precious thing in the world. In that moment I knew that fears was conquering her, Karlie was being aware in that moment of everything we did that day. The final moment was the final trigger that Karlie needed, when everybody was on the stage I ran and hugged her, burring my head on her neck. The moment that credits appeared on the tv Karlie got up and left the room. I knew what was happening and my friends knew it too so they put the music back and tried to keep the party going. When I finally woke up I tried to follow Karlie but someone grabbed me by the arm.