42. Big Steps

When the show stated all the models returned to the runway for a final walk together. In that moment Karlie smiled again looking at me it was a room full of people and she only had eyes for me it was a new sensation the I wasn't use to with her. She left and the music stopped but it only took a couple of minutes before my phone buzzed.

Karlie: do you want to come backstage?

Taylor: sure :)

Karlie: Use the hallway on the right, second door and ask for me! can't wait to see you :)

I couldn't erase the smile from my face. Three days ago Karlie and I didn't talk at all and now I was in Paris, watching her show and she was inviting me backstage, maybe things were really different for us now. I did what she said and went to find her. I saw a big dressing room with all the models walking from one side to other, taking pictures, laughing... It wasn't difficult to find Karlie, she was 6 feet after all.

-Kar?- I asked approaching her, in that moment I was out of my element and shyness invaded me.

-Come here- she said smiling as soon as she saw me there to grab me for a hug.

-Hey! you were amazing out there- I said smiling soaking in the hug.

-Thank you babe, did you like it?- she asked excited breaking our contact, she called me babe there, in the middle of a crowded room.

-I absolutely loved it! Watching you walking it's... I don't have words to describe the way you do it! It's even more impressive in real life than in tv- I admitted.

-You're making me blush- Karlie said, she had already her cheeks red.

-You deserve it- I said shrugging my shoulders.

-Look who is here- an english accent that I could recognize every where said -is Karlie the only one who walked amazing?

-Hey Cara- I said hugging her too -you were amazing too but I've seen you others time walking but it the first time I'm in one show watching her.

-No way! I can't believe it- Cara yelled.

-Yeah- I replied and noticed how Karlie ducked her head ashamed for that fact.

-She walks like a goddess right?- Cara said.

-I'm proud of her for today- I gushed looking at her again.

-Thank you- she said raising her head to look at me again.

-Stop giggling like that- Cara protested breaking our gaze -are you coming to the party tonight?

-Party?- I asked confused.

-I almost forgot about that- Karlie said -do you want to go?

-Come on you have to come! Lily will be there and Candice and Martha we're all done with work we need fun- Cara explained -also, Gigi will be there too I need you guys to back me up.

-Duty call I guess- I said shrugging and looking at Karlie I needed to know if she wanted me there in that a party with all the fashion world.

-We will see you there- Karlie said smiling.

-Perfect I'm going to change my clothes and take a nap on the hotel- Cara explained.

-Wait Cara- Karlie said- can you take a picture of me with Taylor?

-Sure- the model said.

Karlie gave her phone to her friend and surrounded my shoulder with her arm in a protective way because of the stare around us. She was taking steps and risks so I took advantage and rest my hand in her hips. I rubbed her bare skin with my thumb to calm her while Cara took several photos while we made faces. The model said goodbye again and leave us alone again.