28. Honesty

-Good morning- I said entering in the kitchen the next morning when I saw Karlie was there.

-Hi- she said shyly.

-How did you sleep?- I asked sitting on a stool.

-Bad- she admitted point-black.

-I didn't sleep well either- I admitted.

-Coffee?- she asked turning on the Nespresso machine.

-Yes please- I replied with a half smile.

-I didn't hear you arrive last night- she said making the second cup.

-I stayed at the party until pretty late, I didn't know how much time give to you before coming back- I explained- I didn't want to come back and it wasn't enough.

-It's your house Taylor, you didn't have to do it- the model said giving one cup with milk and sugar.

-For me it's our house Karlie- I corrected her- thank you for the coffee.

-It's nothing- she said dismissively.

-Can we talk about yesterday?- I finally asked.

-Yesterday was intense- she admitted sitting in a stool in front of me.

-A little bit- I said.

-What about do you want to talk?- she asked being direct.

-You over reacted Karlie- I answered- I just wanted to do something for us.

-I didn't over react Taylor- she defended herself- we lie a lot in our daily life so I expect a little honestly between us Taylor.

-And is it my fault that we lie in our life?- I dared her.

-Now we are not talking about that- Karlie said- we're talking about the fact that you lied to me so I could listen lessons about my life and my future, you made me a trap.

-Karlie it wasn't a trap, I promise you- I said trying to be calm- I wanted to go to the party to have fun and for you two know them, we can be like ellen and Portia in the future Kar, I just wanted you to see that's possible.

-Couldn't you invite them to dinner?- The model suggested- did you have to lie for so long?

-It's complicated Karlie, I didn't enjoy lying to you- I admitted.

-I hate that you do things behind my back taylor, I want us to be honest with each other- she asked me again.

-I'm trying Karlie- I said blowing- but sometimes it isn't easy.

-What do you mean?- she asked annoyed.

-I am honest with you, all I can but sometimes I know if I tell you the truth or what I think we will end fighting and arguing- I confessed- If i would tell you that Portia and Ellen knew you would have been really mad.

-And it was more logical what you did- she said wryly.

-It wasn't- I said quickly- but if I told you that Portia quit fashion and everything will be alright like she told you yesterday you would have been mad too and we would have a fight again.

-Thank you for making me feel that everything that happens in this relationship is my fault- Karlie said turning to give me her back.

-It's not your fault- I said sighing even when sometimes I did think that- but it's complicated and when I feel that we had move forward five steps we took seven back.