You deserve to be happy

Author note: since it's Karlie's birthday I was inspired to write this chapter! I hop you enjoy it ;) 

The next morning Karlie discovered that I was not a morning person at all. She was used to get up early every day, go to the gym, then she go to work or a fitting or to college but I was not as active as the model. Karlie entered into my room full of energy, she didn't open the curtains because it was too early and the sun wasn't even out. Instead she decided it was easier to turn on the light on the ceiling. She went to my bed and tried to wake me up but I just heard her voice in the distance. She threw me a pillow on the head and then I opened my eyes a little.

-Karlie is too early- I protested going back to my original position.

-Don't be so sleepy- she asked in a hoarse voice.

-Can we leave later?- I asked for the first time looking at her eyes.

-No Taylor, we have a long way in the car so no- she replied sweetly- the coffee is done and I'll do the first shift driving.

-Alright, I'll get up- I accepted and resigned getting up.

Karlie left my room and left me alone to get dressed and catch the last thing before we leave for our road trip. She didn't lie, when I walked into the kitchen the coffee was in a thermo, ready to carry and also I saw a batch of cookies ready to take it with us. What time did she get up to have all that ready? I could barely keep my eyes open and she had already done all that. The security team were already in their car outside the house, waiting us to leave. Karlie climbed into the pilot's seat and pulled my car. I think I cant remember when was the last time I used it, I always went with Jack or Tyler in the SUV to avoid problems with paparazzis. 

I think we had not gone downtown LA when I was already asleep. The coffee had not effect on me because I had not given even a sip, I was too sleepy. For when I woke up, the sun was already out and Karlie was stoping the car on a road bar for breakfast. After the break and a big coffee I asked Karlie to let me drive for a while, I saw that she hesitated at first but then she could denied. I was glad to be awake because I could enjoy the magnificent views that we had in front of us from the coast. I had to admit it was amazing what you discover when you let yourself live this things. We stopped again a couple hours later for lunch time. Karlie picked up some sandwiches and suggested to eat them at the beach next to us. I accepted the idea without thinking. I missed a quite beach like that. Jack and tyler were parked near to us but they were at a reasonable distance to give us space for our conversations.

During our way to Big Sur I kept discovering things about Karlie. She had begun in the fashion industry when she was 14 years old almost by accident. She had walked in all the catwalks of every fashion week around the world, that was something really amazing for someone so young and now she was looking forward to December because it will be her first Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Karlie had a lot of dreams and ambitions and I had clear that she could get what she wants.

Karlie parked the car on the parking lot of the hotel that we booked by the sunset. Jack and Tyler were responsible for our booking confirmations so they will go and get our keys, one for our room and our for their room. It was low season so there should be a lot of people but I preferred that they take charge of that and prevent anyone to recognize me at first. We went upstairs to our rooms and we settle. I lay in bed as soon as I could and Karlie sat on the couch in front of me.

-Can I ask you a question?- she asked breaking the silence between us.

-Go on- I told her without looking.

-How are you?- she asked sighing.

-What?- I leaned on my elbows to look at her.

-How are you?- she said repeating the question.