23. Be brave

The release of the single and thus the release of my new album was getting closer. That was the reason that my meetings with the record had increased. They still doubted the change in my music and my sound but I was pretty sure about what I wanted to do. I had fights with them from cover of the album to the name. It had been my decision and if anything went wrong it would all be my fault. Karlie had just started her classes at New York University. The young model had not yet made a decision that she wanted to do that's why she had chosen subjects of different types for her first year as she make the decision.

-Another fight?- Karlie asked when I went to her apartment that night.

-Something like that- I replied hugging her.

-What happened now?- she asked spoiling me.

-I have argue with Scott, he still want to put a country touch in the record and I don't want- I said sighing.

-The single is coming out in four days- she reminded me, like if I didn't know, every day I was more nervous about that.

-I know Karlie- I said parting from her body.

-What have you told him?- she asked grabbing now my hand.

-I told him that the record is done, for worse o for better and that's how is going to be- I said pretty sure.

-I love that you're so brave doing this against everybody and taking so many risks- Karlie said when we sat at the couch.

-I have to fight for what I want- I said shrugging.

-I know but it is still brave babe you're risking your work too- Karlie said leaning her head on my lap.

-I'm pretty sure you could do it too- I said stroking her cheek.

-It's different- she said looking away.

-I'm against everybody on the record label, if it goes well I win and if it goes bad it's my fault, they can kick me out of the record and humiliating me again- I reminded her- being brave is taking risks, I don't know what will happen but I have to try it.

-Taylor...- Karlie said slowly.

-Relax, I'm not going to talk again about what you're thinking- I warned her- I have had enough fights for a day, I don't need another one today with you.

-Okay- she accepted looking at me with sad eyes.

-I'm nervous- I confessed trying to change the subject- the single is out in four days and I don't know what will happen.

-Is something I can do to relax you?- she asked sweetly.

-Can you buy 1 million albums and make that nobody critics me?- I asked laughing.

-That's hard- she laughed.

-Maybe there's something you can do- I said thoughtfully.

-What?- she asked reclining on her elbows to look at me better.

-Let's go to Nashville tomorrow- I said smiling but she looked confused- we need to disconnect these days, I don't have any meetings we can go back on Monday for the launch and my parents will come with us- I explained- going back to Nashville will give me calm and if it is with you even more.

-Taylor- she said sighing- I have classes tomorrow.

-You will lose one day Karlie, it's not bad- I protested- please, run away a few days together, everything is going to be wild and crazy the next months.