Chapter 62

The sounds of hundred and hundreds of walkers fill the air around us as we are in the ground. I pull my gun out of my waistline, flicking the safety off and gore preparing myself to shoot when necessary. I get to my feet and pull Belle to hers and I quickly glance behind me, seeing the walkers begin to emerge amongst the dust and into the community.

"Everyone get back! Get into your houses! Go!" Rick yells and soon the gunfire follows.

"Belle run!" I yell, gripping onto her hand tightly.

She pushes her little legs as quickly as she can and soon Hunter begins to cry at the jostling movements of my running. I hold him tightly against me with the arm that holds the gun, the other hand wrapped tightly around Belle's hand. Adrenaline begins to burn through my veins as I try and think of the best hiding place where we can wait this out.

"Hayley!"

I turn my head and see Aaron running towards me with a shocked expression on his face, "What's going on?" He demands, glancing back towards where I ran.

"The watch tower fell and broke down the walls, the walkers are spilling into the place." I say, continuing to run with him beside me.

He looks at me in shock and I sigh, "Did you see Eric?" He asks.

I shake my head, "No. But we need to find somewhere safe to hide out. And fast." I say, looking around wildly.

"Over here!" I hear someone yell.

We both turn and see Heath waving at us from the doorway of Denise's house, "Over here!" He repeats, waving us over.

Holding Belle's hand tightly, we run over towards Heath and he moves aside to let us through the door. He quickly closes the door behind us and locks it.

Turning to the both of us he says, "What's going on out there?"

"Tower fell down on the wall, walkers are filling up this place." Aaron explains in a panic and I try to catch my breath, Belle doing the same from beside me.

"What?" I gasp a voice say behind me.

I turn and see Spencer standing there, "It must have happened from the attack the other day. The truck must have done some damage, causing it to fall." I explain.

"My Mom, did you see my Mom?" He asks, stepping towards me.

"Last I saw she was talking to Rick, she's probably with him now." I state.

"Well what are gonna do? There's hundreds of them out there." Heath says, looking out the window.

I glance out the window and see the walkers begin to go through the streets. I look between the three men and think quickly, "Shut all the blinds so they can't see us. Hopefully that'll do something to stop them from coming our way."

They all nod and I look down at Hunter who continues to cry. I continue holding onto Belle's hand as I begin to rock back and forth, trying my best to get him to quiet down. My heart pounds in my chest and I hold him against it to try and muffle them somewhat while allowing him to still breath properly.

The men all walk back into the room and Heath looks at me, "He's attracting noise."

"You don't think I know that?" I snap, glaring over at him.

He shuts his mouth and hear Belle begin to whimper from beside me. I look down at her and kneel down in front of her, "I know honey, but we are going to be okay."

"How can you know that?" Spencer asks and I look up at him, "Because I have faith that we will make it through this. I'm not going down without a fight, are you?" I ask.