Chapter 24

I roll over on my side, my hand stretching out across the empty bed. I open my eyes for a moment before sitting up quickly. I look around the room and notice it's empty, no sign of Belle.

"Belle?" I call out.

I don't hear a response and I begin to panic. I throw on my jacket and rush out of the cell.

"Belle?!" I repeat louder.

I walk down the cells and peer into each one, looking for her. I reach Daryl's cell and pause, letting out a sigh of relief. As I look in, I see that Belle is in the room. She lays beside Daryl on the bed, his arms wrapped around her waist. I lean against the wall and cross my arms over my chest, smiling at the sight of the two of them. I look to the side and jump in fright, glaring at the man.

"You know you could just go in and join them." Merle smirks.

I roll my eyes and look back at them, "They look so peaceful." I murmur.

"Yeah, it seems Daryl's really settled into this whole 'Daddy' thing." He says, taking a spot next to me.

I nod my head and look at him, "I could say the same for you."

He raises an eyebrow and I chuckle, "You were really good with her the other day. She came back to me all excited. She really likes you."

I see a sparkle in his eye for a moment before he puts on his usual smirk, "Well who doesn't?"

I roll my eyes and push his shoulder, "You're such an idiot."

"Yeah, but you love me." He smiles.

"Yeah, well that's debatable." I shrug.

He laughs quietly and he looks in the room again, "Made any decisions?"

I nod my head and he looks at me, "You gonna tell me?"

I turn my head and look at him for a moment before speaking, "I love him."

He gives me a side smile, "I know you do."

I look back in the cell at his peaceful face, "But how am I meant to trust him when he keeps leaving me?"

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lay my head on his shoulder, my arms still crossed over my chest.

"Trust me Darlin' he won't be leaving again." He says.

I look at Daryl and Belle as Merle places a kiss on my head and I smile at the sight, "When I was younger and he and I were first together, this sight was always something I looked forward to. I always dreamt of him and our children. That I'd wake up early and make breakfast, finding them all cuddled together in bed. This isn't exactly the situation I imagined but, it's still pretty incredible."

Merle gives my shoulder a squeeze before walking off down the cell block. I look into the cell for a moment longer at the two people I love most in the world. A small tear comes to my eye and I wipe it away, heading off down the cell block.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hold Judith in my arms and walk around the cafeteria, feeding her for the morning. Rick, Carl and Michonne have gone on a run today for more guns and ammo, leaving us to look after her. She eagerly sucks at the bottle in my hand, her little hands grasping at my own. I smile down at her, her eyes bright and happy. She quickly finishes the bottle and I put it down, placing her over my shoulder that has the towel. I pat her back in a rhythm to burp her. She begins to whimper and I shush her.

"It's okay baby girl. You're alright." I whisper as she continues to cry.

I think back to when Belle was a child and think of what I used to do to calm her down. I close my eyes and begin to sing softly to her.