Chapter 55

I sit on the lounge staring at her in total shock, not moving an inch. She stares back at me with hesitant eyes, biting on her lower lip. We sit in the dining room of her house which is adjacent to the living room, where Belle lays on the floor colouring. It's the day after Noah's funeral and it has been two days since Daryl left with Aaron.

"Say something." Maggie whispers, her intense eyes locked on mine.

I shake my head, dazed slightly, "Are you sure?" I ask, looking at her worried.

She nods her head, "I'm certain."

"Oh my God." I whisper, rubbing my stomach gently looking over towards Belle who is oblivious to the conversation happening behind her.

"Have you told Glenn yet?" I ask, turning back to her after a moment.

She shakes her head meekly, "Not with everything that's happened. You're the first person I've told. " She admits.

"Maggs, you have to tell him. This is too important." I say and she nods her head quickly, "I know I do Hales, I just think that with everything that has happened with Noah and Nicholas, I'm not sure now is the right time."

"There's no such thing as a right time nowadays, you just have to tell him. I mean sooner or later he's gonna notice somethings up and you don't want it to be too late." I state, looking into her eyes.

She looks away towards the ground and I just stare at her in silence, a hundred thoughts running through my head and I remember back, the situation all too familiar.

I wait outside of the library for the council meeting to finish up. Hershel, Carol, Glenn, Sasha and Daryl are on the council, making all the decisions for everyone at the prison. Rick has taken a step back and he deserves after everything he has done for us.

I bite my lip and run my fingers through my hair anxiously, feeling queasy at the thought of telling him. Suddenly the door opens up and I turn towards it frightened, my hand flying to my chest. Sasha steps out and looks at me, "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." She apologises and I nod my head and smile, "It's fine." I say quickly, waving it off.

She walks off and Carol steps out after her, "What're you doing here Hayley?" She asks idly and I smile at her politely, "Just waiting for Dare." I say, nodding towards the room.

She nods her head, "Well I gotta go help get dinner ready. I'll see you later." She says, walking off down the hallway.

"See you later Carol." I call after her before turning back towards the door.

I look towards the door and see Glenn, Daryl and Hershel walk out, "Turtle, what're you doing here?" Hershel asks, taking a step forward and putting a hand on my arm, leaning forward to place a kiss on my cheek.

"Just waiting for my husband." I say, placing a kiss back on his cheek.

I pull back and see the beautiful Georgian blues locked on me, a small smile on his lips. Glenn looks between the two of us and rolls his eyes, "You newly weds are gross." He says sarcastically.

I smack him on the arm, "You're a newly wed too dummy." I say and he chuckles.

"Speaking of newly weds, Maggie is looking for you." I say and he gives me a smile, "Thanks, have fun you too!" Glenn says suggestively as he walks off and I roll my eyes at him.

Hershel smirks after his son in law, "I better go check on Beth." He says and I smile after him, giving his hand a squeeze.

Hershel catches up to Glenn and they walk off together down the hallway. Soon a pair of arms wrap around my waist and lips are on mine, my back pushed up against the concrete wall of the prison. I'm taken by surprise at first but soon the kiss picks up in intensity and I hold back a moan. My fingers move from his biceps to his hair as his hands run all over my body. I feel like electricity is running across my body and it takes everything in me to pull away and focus on why I came here in the first place.