Chapter 10

I walk through the field, the grass brushing against my legs. Soon I reach the tree line and walk in a few metres when I see his set up. The fire is small with a camping chair set beside it. A medium sized tent is set up not too far away. As I walk closer I see a line hung up between two trees with squirrel carcus' and a necklace of ears. I screw my nose up and turn to bump into something hard. I gasp in shock and soon my eyes are locked with Daryl's.

"What're you doing here?" He sneers.

"Coming to see you." I state obviously.

He grunts and walks away, taking a seat on the camp chair. He pulls out a knife and begins to carve at a stick. I roll my eyes and make my way over towards the fire and take a seat on a stump close by.

I turn my body and face him, "What the hell are you playing at?"

"What?" He asks, keeping his eyes on the stick.

"You know." I say.

He ignores me, continuing to carve at the stick. I clench my jaw and stand up, grabbing the stick off of him and throwing it away.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" He yells, getting up from his chair.

"I'm trying to have a conversation with you here." I state.

"Well I don't want to talk." He says, walking towards his tent.

I take a deep breath before following him in there, "Daryl."

"What?" He yells, spinning to face me.

"You can't just leave like this." I say.

"I can do whatever the hell I want. I don't need a stupid bitch like you to tell me what to do." He sneers.

"Wow, I'm sorry that I came here to talk some sense into you. But I guess I should know by now that leaving is just something you do." I state, venom in my tone.

He glares at me, not uttering a word. I fold my arms over my chest and step forward, my face inches from his.

"You think you can just pack up your shit and leave? Remember that I know you, and this is just an attempt to make sure that nobody gets close. Well let me tell you something Daryl, just because you leave doesn't mean they stop caring." I say, remembering back and becoming angry at the feelings being dug up.

"What happened with that little girl, it wasn't your fault. So don't go blaming yourself for it."

"What would you know? Your whole life has been perfect, you wouldn't know half the shit that I've had to deal with!" He yells in my face.

"My life's been perfect?" I scoff.

"In case you have forgotten, I had parents who barely even recognised my existence which caused me to move out of my house when I was sixteen. I had to drop out of high school to get a full time job to pay for my bills and eventually my college education. I fell in love with someone I thought I could spend the rest of my life with. He then left me without so much as a goodbye which left me in such a state of depression, I tried to end my life." I say, watching as his hard stare falters for a second.

"I then had to give up my apartment and move into my best friends home where I found out I was pregnant with the man who ran out on me's child. I became a single mother, who gave up her college education to try and be the best mother I could be. Then the outbreak happened and I lost two of the most important people in my life because of a stupid mistake I made. Alright so don't you ever tell me that my life is perfect!" I say, turning and walking out of the tent.

"Hay." He calls after me and I wheel around to face him.

"I thought that maybe you and I could sort some shit out and you could be a father to Belle. Now I'm not so sure." I say, feeling tears begin to well up in my eyes.