Chapter 31

I roll onto my back and open my eyes, staring at the the dull grey ceiling above me. So much has happened in the last few days, Sasha has come down with the illness as well as many others. But the most disturbing of all is that someone murdered David and Karen. Tyreese found their remains earlier, burnt to a crisp outside. He and Rick got into a fight, over what I'm not sure but the feeling of the prison is rather intense at the moment. I wipe at my eyes, not really in the mood to have crying jag for the third time today.

Daryl left earlier for a council meeting, insisting I stay in bed and rest, much to my dismay. Since then I've been tossing and turning, unable to have a rest. I decide that enough is enough and I sit up, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed. I slowly pull on my boots, having trouble manoeuvring around my enlarged stomach. Once they're on, I stand up and make my way towards cell block A.

I make sure I'm not noticed as I make my way towards the cell block. Soon enough I reach the large ominous brick building and I slide open the heavy steel door and sneak my way through. The halls are dark with little light as I make my way towards my daughter. It is very quiet and my heart thumps in my chest as I walk towards the door. I hear the sound of coughing and groaning coming from inside and a feeling of dread comes over me. I go to open the door when I stop and decide I'll look in through the window instead. I wipe the window with the sleeve of my shirt and look in.

I see people sitting and laying in their cells, looking as if the life had been sucked out of them. I search desperately for any sign of Belle but I can't see her. I move back from the window and place my hand on the door knob, about to pull it open.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I turn around startled to see Hershel standing there with a furious look on his face.

"I have to go in. She's all alone in there." I say.

"You are not going in there." He states.

"I can't just leave my little girl alone in there." I whisper, tears springing to my eyes.

He shakes his head, "Belle is fine in there, I checked in on her this morning."

"But she needs me."

"She needs her Mom out here, resting and taking care of her little brother or sister. Now I don't know how many times I have to say it but you aren't going in there and that's final." He says, stepping forward and looking me in the eyes.

"Hershel-"

"Now Hayley." He says sternly.

I look at him for a moment before sighing in defeat, my head hanging low. I begin to walk away when I stop and face him, "Please save her, I can't live without my little girl." I beg.

He looks at me, his face softening, "I promise."

I wipe my eyes and turn towards the hallway, making my way back to our cell block.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not doing it." I shake my head.

"You have too." He argues, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I am not going in there and sitting on my ass when I can be helping out here." I say, gesturing around.

Daryl sighs in frustration, "Hayley, just for once, please listen to me."

I roll my eyes, "Oh don't start with me."

"It's not safe for you out here!" He insists.

"I'm not going Dare!" I argue, throwing my hands in the air.