Chapter 15

It's been hours since we've heard from the men and I begin to panic about their absence. It's dark outside now and we haven't eaten yet. I've given Belle and Carl some food but the rest of us are too anxious to eat. Belle sits on my lap and reads a book quietly to herself.

"I'm going after them." Andrea says, getting up from the couch.

"Don't, they could be anywhere. And if Randal comes back we're gonna need you." Lori says.

Andrea nods and I hear the front door open. I look up and let out a sigh of relief, seeing Glenn and Daryl walk through the door. Daryl's eyes search around the room until they land on me and Belle.

"Rick and Shane ain't back?" He asks.

"No." Lori says.

"We heard a shot." Daryl explains.

"Maybe they found Randal." Lori suggests.

"We found him." Daryl states.

"Is he back in the shed?" Patricia asks.

"He's a walker." Daryl answers.

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Hershel asks after a moment.

"Yeah, weird thing is, he wasn't bit." Glenn says and I raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"His neck was broke." Daryl adds.

"So he fought back." Patricia says.

"Thing is, Shane and Randal's tracks were right on top of each other. Now Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together." Daryl explains.

"Could you please go back out there and find Rick and Shane and find what out what the hell is going on." Lori asks Daryl.

"You got it." Daryl says and she squeezes his arm, "Thank you."

He and I exchange a look before he heads back out. A moment later he calls out softly, "You're gonna wanna see this!"

We get up and make our way out onto the front porch. I gasp and hold tightly onto to Belle as I look into the distance. Hundreds of walkers are converging in on the farm, their groans faint in the distance.

"Patricia, kill the lights!" Hershel instructs.

"I'll get the guns." Andrea states.

"Maybe they'll just pass like the herd on the highway, maybe we should just go back inside?" Glenn suggests.

"Unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about, a herd that size will rip the house down." Daryl counters.

Maggie and Andrea come back out with the bag of guns. I put Belle down as she passes me a small hand gun with extra bullets. Belle clutches onto my leg as I reload the gun.

"Maggie." Glenn says.

"You grow up country, you pick up a thing or two." Maggie says, handing out more guns.

"They've got the numbers it's no use." Daryl says.

"You can go if you want." Hershel says.

"You gonna take them all on?" Daryl asks.

"We have guns, we have cars." Hershel states.

"Kill as many as we can. Then we use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm." Andrea adds.

"You serious?" Daryl asks.

"This is my farm, I'll die here." Hershel says, cocking his shotgun.