chapter 38

Jay's POV

My foot was screaming in pain.It is not nice when more then a tonne of metal lands on your foot.Not at all nice.A figure materialised infront of Cole who doesn't even flinch.
"Would you like a bandage?"Zane asks,giving me one.I take it greatfully.Wait.Where does he even get spare bandages from?
"oh,"Cole sighs",it is only you." I couldn't tell who 'you' was.The figure was wearing a cloak and had covered his head so I could only make out two eyes.
"Guys,this is Pylos,my..."he teetered on the word 'my' the ended with ",associate."
Who in Ninjago is Pylos?
"It appears that there is someone approaching from around the corner"Zane adds.
"I was expecting at least a dozen guards to come,"Cole says,moving towards the wall.
"I was hoping it would be 3 dozen,"I retort.He was not being very optimistic.
"Wouldn't that be a bad thing,Jay?Thirty-six wolves is a lot to handle especially in our current state.We do not even know where kai..."
"Ssshh!"I snap.
The pattering of footstep could be heard now.Whoever it was,was approaching fast.It was a steady running pace.Closer.Closer.They weren't slowing down.
"Cole!Watch out!"
It was too late.They bashed into Cole who was peering round the corner and then fell on the floor from the impact.
It was Kai.
I extended my hand to him to help him up.He looked at it weirdly like I was offering him a rubber duck.He then brushed the dirt off his clothes and got up himself.Strange.He scowled at me but then changed his face into a smile.Stranger.
"I just got away,"Kai panted.Cole nodded and continued talking to his new friend.
"Jay."
"Hmm"
"Jay"
"Not now Zane,"
"Jay,it is important."
"Tell me tommorow."
"Ok."
Finally,Zane was quiet again.
"Come on,Pylos knows the way out,"Cole said.
"Why should we follow him?"
Kai.I groaned.This was going to take forever.We were right out in the open.
"We have no other option and the guards could arrive any minute.Unless you want to hang around and tell them we were sight seeing,you know,like prisoners do!" I yelled.
Zane patted my shoulder and told everyone to calm down.He always keeps the peace.Cole and his buddy Pylos,went ahead with Zane and I dragged behind with Kai.

Zane's POV
Corner after corner.Hall after hall.I kept even pace with our guide whilst he lead us to our freedom.Cole once at the front was huffing along at the back.Kai once at the back was now jogging ahead of me.Jay who was once at the back...was still at the back.

"Ooh look! The way out!" Jay exclaimed excitedly. Cole grinned as a metal door ended the corridor we were walking down.

"This is the door that,"Pylos began but then moaned and wheezed ",is the exit."
Before I could begin scans for any traps,Jay raced ahead and yanked open the door.Into darkness.The floor jolted and the door swung to a close but he dodged out the way just in time.The door hit with a slam that echoed loudly.
"Well,if any of you are good jumpers,go ahead,"he said,trying to sound cheery but he looked shaken.
"Well I beat you at least,"Cole said to Kai.
Kai shrugged.
"I'm sure I came 2nd,"Kai answered.
"Actually,my sources tell me that you Kai sprained your ankle and you Cole came 2nd,"I said.
"Where do you get your sources from,"kai snapped.
I stared at him.Does he really not know?

"He is a robot!"Jay shouted with Cole.
Kai shrugged.
"Anyway,the sun was in my eyes,that is why I lost"Cole groaned.
"It doesn't matter who won,none of you became the green ninja anyway,"Jay said,coming over.
The floor jolted again and I stumbled again.I walked towards the door.Tried to walk.The floor kept lurching and I kept stumbling.

"Oh yeah,Zane came first.He is the best jumper!"
I sighed and opened the door.Pitch black darkness.The wind was blowing so fast it was all I could do the close the door.
"We are moving.Very fast."
Cole,not convinced opened the door again.And dissapeared.
"Guys,look we are in the city.A lamp post.Come on,"he shouted.
Jay leaped out with Kai.Pylos.Pylos was gone.
I looked around but he was nowhere.He dissapeared into thin air.He does remind me so much of....

Focus.I jumped into the darkness.What my team had failed to analyze was that the tank was parked in an alley.The lamp post was just in front of a brick wall,which ended the alleyway.The walls on either side were too high to climb and my team was nowhere in sight.
The lamp post.It was hanging by a few strands of wire,the light somehow intact.The wolves.I peered up.The moon was already there.And it had a tinge of orange.We only had a little bit of time.I only had a little but of time.
I breathed.I needed to calm down.This place was bringing back bad memories.

Like being trapped in that nightmare with the ice dragon in Chen's palace...

I calmed myself and edged around the side of the tank until I reached the opening of the alley.
My friends were leaning against the wall,waiting impatiently.
Cole and Kai began to move away,ready to start our investigation.Jay and I followed.Jay whispering something about Kai feeling scared of lamp post and wanting to move.Kai was scowling at me the flipped on his hood.His blue hood.

It was chaos.As soon as we were on the street it was silent.No one at all.It was expected of course as it was midnight.Banners were streamed on buildings and balloons floated along the road.Tables with food,knocked over and abandoned and an empty stage on the path.

"It is new year,"I said.
"You mean was new year,"Kai said,fingering his sword.
How did he still have his weapon?
The stares from us,made him answer ",I found them when they took me," he handed me my shurikens.It was great to have them back.How did he get them?

"Were they just lying around?Waiting for you?"Jay said.
"Yes."
Jay began to laugh but then coughed because Cole glared at him.

"If today is new year then,where is everybody?"

Sorry for taking so long.I wrote a longer chapter than usual this time.

Question
What is your favourite season and why?

Mine is winter because I love the snow.