chapter 35

Jay's POV
3265.3266.3267.
"Jay."
3268.3268.3269.3269.
"Jay!"
326...
"JAY!" Zane barked and I stopped counting.
Who knew Zane could get angry?
I didn't.Kai is usually the one to become...
Kai stared at me and put his finger to his lip,sign all I g we should be quiet.
Murmers were coming from outside,getting louder and louder until the door slammed open.
Two wolves appeared and beckoned to us to follow. There appearance varied from the other for there fur was lighter and the way they walked was straighter and not hunched like the others.Wordlessly,Zane followed with Kai suite until I reluctantly entered the corridor.

Kai's POV
I quickly understood Zane's approach to the guards who kept their eyes on me and trudged down the corridor.The handcuffs wouldn't melt anyway with my power.I know they work but the fire is not red but a light shade of blue.Ugh.First blue clothes then blue powers.At this rate I will probably find out that Jay has red lightening.
Jay nudged me and whispered, "I just tried using my powers and they are red."
Distracted,I bashed into the nindroid and nearly fell to the floor.
Light was streaming from a door up ahead whilst the corridor became colder.
Probably because I had crashed into Zane and he somehow internally froze me.Is that possible?
The handcuffs were getting tighter the more I wriggled in them so I stared at them until Zane began moving.
"This better be a genuine reason to interrupt me!"
I heard a voice boom,coming from the open door.

As soon as we entered,my eyes had to adjust to the brightness.Whoever was in charge didn't like dark places.
"Here are the ninja.Just like you asked."the wolf bowed and retreated out into the corridor with the other.I faced forward and took in my surroundings.The room was large with a low ceiling and painted a dull grey colour.There were steps leading up to a throne like chair which had a person on it.Not a wolf.The person was dressed in a dark green and black with a cloack covering there head and most of there face.
As I looked,Jay and Zane stood next to me,one trying to break the handcuffs and the other trying to put his hood on.We took our masks off somehow in the stifling cells but now it would be better if they were on.

"Well.Welcome ninja to my humble dwelling." the hooded figure said,standing up.

"Please feel free to take of those chains.There is no need of them."

The cuffs automatically clicked open and I pulled them off and threw them on the floor.Subsequently,I put up my mask and Zane and Jay did the same.

"Why are you..."
"...letting you go?You can't escape as there is no way out of this room currently plus there is really no point to be hostile."he finished Zane's sentence.

"Who are you?"Jay questioned,looking for a way to escape.I should be doing that too.
As Jay looked around,I attempted to keep the evil person's attention diverted.

"I am Armagon,the soon to be ruler of Ninjago."
I nodded,trying to act interested.Jay was still quietly sneaking around and Zane was standing still not doing anything.Odd.
That was when I realised that he had shut down.

"So,how are you going to achieve this exactly?Sure you have caught us but there are more people out there."I added.

"Evil runs through my veins.I will have no problem turning Ninjago into my own image."

Armagon then collapsed into his chair,clutching his head.

I felt like I had heard that somewhere before.Who was it again?

I glanced at Jay briefly who seemed to be tapping the wall.Stalling him wasn't that hard.

"Were there not 3 of you?"

Thought to soon.
I shrugged and he didn't question further but pressed a button on the arm of the chair.

Suddenly,the door opened and out came a wolf who passed him a glass.Before he could even sip,Jay dashed for the the door and slipped under it...LEAVING ME BEHIND.
This must be a good plan.

Armagon kept talking to the wolf but I couldn't hear.
I ran over to Zane who was deactivated somehow and hit him on the head.No use.He stayed slumped like he was before and the result was a painful hand.

"The drainer.The Crystaliser.Or maybe the krulcher.Which one"Armagon pondered.

These didn't sound good.

"Now don't try doing anything silly like that other one.He has already been detained and awaiting punishment."

I resisted the urge to strangle that guy as I needed to find out how he looked.
Was he serpentine?Or maybe a robot?Could be a skeleton perhaps?

"Well.Before you kill us,wouldn't it be best for your enemies to see your face as the last thing they see?So they are even more scared than before." I asked.

I needed to know who this was.Maybe he had caught Lloyd or Cole.Or both.

Armagon reached for his hood and slowly took it down.
His whole face came into view and I gasped, immediately knowing  why I recognised this person.

It was Lloyd.

I tried to contain my fear.I couldn't fight him.He was certainly..different.

Armagon took it as a compliment and laughed.
He nodded at the wolf.

"Take them to the Quakestriker."

With incredible speed,the wolf snatched a chain and locked it around my hands.
Then he pulled Zane into a sack and whistled.A dozen more came and escorted us out of the door.

Jay was right.
"The best way to defeat an enemy, is to become his friend."

He had to be right.Or we may lose our friend.

Thank you for the votes,views,follows and comments.Sorry it took a long time to update.

967 words.