My Stong Little Angel

Jeon Jung Kook

I got permission from the hospital to take Jin on the honeymoon. He was so close to dying the doctors didn't know how he could be holding on, but he was.

Yoonshi and I wanted to make Jin as comfortable as possible, and we were taking a honeymoon out to our hometown.

We arrived at the hotel, and Jin wanted to go out for a bit. Yoonshi never sat him down.

"How about some ice cream kiddo?" I smiled. He smiled weakly and nodded. He looked bad, but his smile made my heart melt. We walked through town to the creamery.

I held Yoonshi's free hand as we stepped in the ice cream place. People stared at us, and I shot deadly glares to each of them. Jin got his ice cream and Yoonshi got hers. I decided that I wasn't in the mood to eat at the moment.

We sat down after I paid for the cold snack.

"Appa, when I'm in heaven, I want you to take care of my baby brother or sister. Just like you took care of me." Jin looked at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded and held my breath to keep from crying. I hated that he talked like that.

"I will, I promise..." I said softly.

~~~

Yoonshi Kook

I tucked Jin in bed as Jungkook went out to take a quick shower.

"Eomma, will you sing a song for me?" Jin spoke up. "Yah, what song?" I chuckled softly. He smiled and rubbed his eyes, "You know which one, the one we used to sing together." I quickly remembered the Bob Marley tune, and started the chorus.

He closed his eyes to the sound of my voice and slowly drifted off to sleep. By the time he was out, Jungkook had done with his shower and entered the room. I stood up to stand alongside my husband. We held hands as we stared at the sound asleep Jin. He was so peaceful and I couldn't imagine every day life without him.

I didn't know what was running through Jungkook's head, but he looked away and left me alone. I went to lay down beside my baby and tried to get comfortable. With the huge baby bump, it was hard to find a laying position. Jin squirmed but soon drifted off again.

I found myself growing tired. I was going to get up to go sleep with Jungkook, but darkness overcame me. I fell into a deep sleep.

Jeon Jung Kook

I woke up and saw that Yoonshi still hadn't come to bed. I walked in the other room and saw her asleep on Jin's bed. Jin wasn't there though. I walked around the apartment to try to find him, but he wasn't there.

I ran back into the room, "Yoonshi wake up!" I shook her gently.

She groaned, "What?"

"Jin is missing." I said. She rubbed her eyes, "Where could he be?" She asked.

I saw a little sticky note on the side table and picked it up. It read~

          Fire flies ❤️

"Fire flies?" I said. Yoonshi took the note.

"The willow!" She gasped.

*** ***

Yoonshi Kook

I slammed the car door and ran through the thicket. "Jin" I yelled.

"Jin!" I yelled again. I ran onto the field and froze in my steps.

Jin was sitting up against the tree. I ran down to him. When I got closer I realized he was asleep. I gasped for air and sat beside him. "Jin why'd you come here?" I shook him gently.

No reply.

"Jin?" I felt he was cold at my touch. He wasn't breathing.

"Jin, no!" I yelled and shook him again. "Jin- baby wake up!" I grabbed his face.

He was gone...

I scooped him into my arms and fell over with him as I cried uncontrollably.

My baby... no please~