Go Away

Yoonshi Wun

I ran to school the next morning, almost freezing in the cold, harsh wind. The clouds looked violent and I wanted to get to school quickly. The faster I ran, the harder it was to breathe. I slowed down to a stop just as I reached the school gates. My eyes were watery from the cold, I looked up to see everyone make their way inside. The bell must have rang... great.

I needed to speak with Jungkook. I needed to tell him that I wanted to understand, that I needed to understand. While I wiped my eyes and made my way to class, Jinhye stopped me. "Yoonshi, where are you going?" He asked as I just walked past my homeroom. I was going to talk with Kookie. "To find Jungkook." I said. Last night had really did a number on me, and I was tired of the sleepless nights lately. "Jungkook? He isn't here today."

I turned on my heel and held my breath. Jungkook missed school today? The Golden Maknae... missing from school? I slowly nodded and walked back into class.

Today was gonna be a long day...

***

Lunch was different, and I hadn't much an appetite. Moseiok and Jinhye was getting physical; they had to be dating by now. I looked away craving the same thing... But Jungkook didn't want me. Why couldn't I just accept the fact?

I got a headache, and went outside for some fresh air. I decided to call my Appa.

***

"Thanks for coming to get me." I said getting over my fake crying. I lied to him and told him that I was crying over missing my mother. Now that I thought of it, the cry was real.. Though I did miss my mother, I cried for other reasons.

I walked in my room and locked the door. "Hey Yoonshi, I'm going off to work. I'll be home a little late. Stay safe." My Appa left the house.

I sat in my room for a long time; staring up at the ceiling. I know I'd left school because I wanted to see him... but now that I really thought about it, did I really want to? After all this, and him wanting nothing to do with a relationship between us; did I really want to push it any further? I fiddled with the flowered crown he had made for me.

Jungkook... He gave me kisses, called me his queen.. He was my only friend, yet he couldn't let me in. I told him everything, yet he held things back. Was he trying to protect me? Why did he have bruises on his wrists? His eyes had pain in them... I was so confused. I didn't want to see him. I didn't want to speak to him... I grew tired and I fell asleep holding the crown.

Jeon Jung Kook

I was upset. I knew I shouldn't of made that meeting. She saw... Yoonshi saw my arms. I wasn't going to face her today. Not again.

My father was at work and fully aware that I stayed home. I told him I felt dizzy, and he understood. I honestly did feel light headed when I thought about Yoonshi. So to occupy my time, I ate food and played video games.

I was in the middle of playing a zombie game when my phone dinged. I thought nothing of it and continued on. After I had got harshly eaten and died, I switched it on the tv so I could watch something. Anything really.

I couldn't take it anymore; I reached and unlocked my phone. Messages.

Jinhye- Uh Jungkook? Yoonshi was pretty upset today... Are you alright?

Upset? Was she o-

No I couldn't. I won't give in.

Me- I'm fine, we r just having som problems. its all okayy

Problems? We were both mixed up. I knew I had messed up big time, but I really needed to at least know Yoonshi and I were still friends. To give me a reassuring feeling. I didn't want to feel like everything we once had and hopefully still have is gone. I needed to talk to her.

*** ***

I walked to the end of the street, and waited like I once did. I was ready. Ready for her to hit me and say she hated me. Ready for all of her anger and pain to be thrown at me with one look. I was ready to attempt to explain. Here we go.

Yoonshi stalked onto the sidewalk with her hair down. I walked to her and she didn't notice. "Yoonshi-ah!" I tried getting her attention.

Her head shot up, and I saw a flash of sadness in her eyes; not anger. We had bothed stopped walking but she had looked as though she wished she could run away and never face me again.

"Yoonshi, I want to explain." I said stepping closer. There was still about four feet of distance but it was a start. "Jungkook, I love you." Her words shot me in the heart. I loved her too, but-

"Hear me out." She sighed at my reply. My confidence I once had was gone now. I was shaking.

"If you and I ever dated, I would have to let you in. To show you what happens to me. I'd have to protect you more than I already do. I couldn't be by your side like I should all the time. I'm not good enou-"

"No! You are more than enough! I want you to let me in... Please." Her tone turned into a whisper and I saw a tear run down her face.

I wanted to wipe it away and hold her. I wanted to tell her everything would be ok and I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to skip school to be with her, so keep her safe from public attention. I wished I would've done what I wanted... But I needed to protect her on my own. I couldn't do any of that. My father... He would come after her too. And I couldn't let that happen.

I was shaking so bad, I fell on my knees in front of her. I cried. I cried so hard that I couldn't catch my breath. Almost immediately, Yoonshi took me into her embrace. What was I going to do with the pain I was feeling.

"Yoonshi... I-I love yo-u s-s-..." I couldn't, I just couldn't. I calmed myself down and took deep breaths. She rocked me side to side and hummed a song. I let in and hugged her back and listened to her voice.

She was silent and I buried my face into her kneck. "Why can't you understand... I will love you no matter what." Yoonshi helped me up and wiped off my face. We were so close to each other.

She leaned up to me and kissed me. I gave in and kissed her back as well.

***

"I'm not sure about this." I said to Jinhye when I sat down for lunch. "You love her don't you?" I nodded; but I was scared.

"Then just do it. I know she loves you too, and you know it." "Shhhh!"

Yoonshi came and sat by me as soon as she walked in. None of us were eating because we weren't too hungry. "Yoonshi." I tried acting casual and she gave me a worried look. "What is it?" She asked. Did she think I had bad news?

"I was going to- uh..." My voice trailed off.

"Jeon Jungkook here, is trying to ask you, if-"

"Yoonshi- will you go out with me?" I asked really quickly. She gave me a look and I wondered if she understood us correctly. Jinhye seemed mad that I took away his spotlight. But I felt I had to do this.

She didn't hesitate, "Yes!" Yoonshi gave me a big hug and I laughed. I was willing to risk whatever I had to, to be with her... I'd just have to keep more watch on her. "I love you." I whispered in her ear. Her hair smelled really nice. I heard her tell me she loved me back.

Maybe everything would be okay now...?