Busan

Yoonshi Wun

I packed up my things into the car. Jungkook was on the phone inside with Jinhye.

I was a bit upset that I'd leave all my friends, but I missed Busan too. I closed my eyes as I got settled in the passenger seat.

~~~

"Okay! I think that's about it. Look I'm going to run to the company real quick, I'll be home in time for dinner." Jungkook said and kissed my cheek as he hurried back out to the car.

Which I guess left me to unpack. The moving truck had dropped off all of our furniture and everything we couldn't fit in our car.

I started with the clothes.

Jungkook was so stressed about making a good impression on his first day of work tomorrow. But it was a Saturday, he needed to take a chill pill.

Or he just needed more sex, who knows.

The fact was that I was tired of listening to him ramble on and on about work and moving. I needed a break.

~

I fixed dinner after unpacking the clothes. It was already 8:07. I was cooking hamburgers tonight.

They smelled really good and I couldn't wait to tear my burger apart. I was so hungry. With everything the past two days, I'd eaten very little.

Just as I got done and set the table, Jungkook came in.

"So, tell me about it."

"Well at-"

"While we eat please." I laughed and got his plate fixed. "Smells good babe." He said.

"Gee thanks."

***

Jeon Jung Kook

I got a call from the hospital. It was Monday and I was almost done with work. I stopped writing my current story on crime in Busan and focused on the nurse whom was speaking.

"Your father just had a stoke and we think his kidney is failing. He is in the Emergency Room as of right now." The words stabbed me in the heart.

"Is he okay?" I yelled.

"I can't say right now, I didn't go with him. But the doctor said he was stable enough for surgery."

"SURGERY?!" I gasped. Everyone around gave me a funny look and I walked outside.

"Yes, if his kidney is what's causeing the issue, they will transplant it. If they don't get a doner, he'll just have to survive with one."

I rubbed my face. This couldn't be happening. Just after everything started getting good.

"Alright, call me when you get more information."

"I will."

I hung up and took a deep breath. Was my father going to die? No, he was a strong man.

*** ***

Yoonshi Wun

"So, you promise you will be back soon?" I asked as Jungkook prepared to go. His father was in bad condition and his life was on the line. I was wanting to go along but he insisted I stay.

"I promise. I'll be back in a couple of days." Jungkook caressed my cheek and kissed my lips softly.

"I hope everything comes out alright." I whispered and he nodded. I could tell he was upset. He had every right to be.

Jungkook kissed me one last time before leaving me. I watched out the window as he drove out of the driveway.

I hoped his trip to Seoul would be safe. And his way back, what if something did happen to his father?

Would I have to find a way up there so I could drive him back?

I walked into the kitchen and got another headache. Second one this week. I quickly got Pamprin even though I wasn't on my monthly. I heard if you take period pills for cramps, while not on your period, it makes you really sleepy. Hopefully that would do the trick.

I finished off my glass of water and moped into the living room. Our new couch was softer that our old one and the tv was bigger. I switched it onto my favorite show; Tom&Jerry.

I turned the lights off and layed down on the couch.

Jungkook needed to hurry and get back. I already missed him.

Jeon Jung Kook

I arrived at the ER and immediately felt a lump in my throat. There lay my father, passed out cold on the hospital bed.

"Doctors what happened?" I asked, I had a feeling I knew the answer.

"Somehow your father got ahold of alcohol. Did a number on both of his kidneys. We had to take one out. There are no doners, so we will have to see if he survives with the damaged one he has. Also his liver is in terrible condition. We are slowly making him drink small portions of water every three to four hours."

The doctor seemed as though she was in a hurry to leave.

"How long?" I asked the blunt question.

"If all goes well, he should live a few years with the one kidney. As long as he doesn't drink and he eats right. But if his liver and kidney don't hold up, I'd say two weeks. With them failing, there is a high chance he won't make it that long. But all we can do is hope for the best." She explained.

I griped my hands into each other and bit my lip. Tears came to my eyes. My dad was the last bit of family I had. If he left... I'd have nothing- no one to hold onto. Sure he may have been a terrible one... but he was still my dad.

I let out a cry and left the room to get some air.

I really meeded my father to recover. After he was gone, Yoonshi was all I had left... It was enough, but not the same. It could never be the same.

I'd stay up here with him until he was ready to let go. Hopefully, he'd hold on long enough for Yoonshi to get up here as well. They needed to meet again.

Before it was too late.