Little Hands, Big heart

Jin Kook

I sat in the hospital bed and stared out the window. It had been weeks since this whole sickness thing came up. My parents were figuring out their marriage this month, and said it would be soon. I hoped I was well enough to attend such an honorable ceremony.

I felt worse and worse every day, but when I got another shot each time, the pain would hesitate before returning hours later. I was glad I still had my hair. I knew what radiation did to people, it just hadn't hit me bad enough yet. I was throwing up more than usual.

Appa was stuck head over heels in his job. Eomma mostly stayed with me at the hospital.

I wished that I never got sick. I hated seeing everyone so upset.

***********************************

Yoonshi Wun

Moseiok was arranging the date and changing her schedule. She found a speaker from the local church to preform the duties of marrying Jungkook and I.

I was so caught up with the wedding and Jungkook, that I didn't stay at the hospital as much as I used to. The doctor said his pain meant he was healing up. He said the cancer in his blood seemed to of been disappearing. Which was good. I was also informed that after the chemotherapy treatments did a better job on him, that Jin could return home. They just needed to make sure he was cured first.

The wedding was supposed to be in two weeks. Jungkook was practically famous now. He was in the newspaper almost every day, and his books were getting sold in every bookstore around. There was also word that they might even make a movie based off of his books. I was so proud of him.

I had been experiencing some health issues. I'd noticed that I'd been eating a bit more than I should and found myself getting fat. So after the whole wedding thing, I was going to start on a diet.

I got dressed. Today I was going out with Moseiok. We were going to have a girls day.

The drive back to Seoul seemed like forever. But I finally made it and went by her house.

"Hey!" She gave me a tight hug. I chuckled, "Hey long time no see huh?"

"Yeah, Jinhye is still passed out upstairs. So if he comes down half nude, don't be alarmed." Moseiok laughed. I nodded and decided not to make a comment to that. "Let's stay here for a bit till I get ready then we can go do some stuff." She said. "Okay." I said and sat down on her couch. Her house was bigger and nicer than mine. My house was only one story, and had three bedrooms and one bathroom. This house probably had five bedrooms and three bathrooms.

Her furniture was newer than ours also and the floor had carpet, not tile like mine. This house was beautiful, even the outside had an amazing view. I really wanted to get a new house. The one back in Busan was small because the city didn't have room for anything bigger. I started thinking, maybe we should move back.

Jeon Jung Kook

"No, I need it on my desk by Thursday." I ordered the lady. She was new and her stories weren't that good. I was practically the new big thing in the company. I got to read the stories people wrote before they went through the whole big publishing thing. I was the best writer that worked here so far.

I made the most profit, and my face was famous all over town.

It was about time for me to go home and I said goodbye to everyone. I got in the car and decided to make a pit stop at the hospital. Jin had called me earlier and wanted me to go see him.

I walked up into his room and he was asleep.

"Jin kiddo?" I whispered and sat on his bed beside him. He was sound asleep, but I talked amyways. I ran my fingers through his hair, "How are you doing today?-" I looked at my hand and saw that his hair was falling out. I stood up and wiped my hand off. Jin didn't even flinch.

I looked in the mirror. I had bags under my eyes, and my complexion looked as though I was dead. I ran water over my cupped hands and slid it over my face.

I got dried off after a few more times and turned to see Jin sitting up in bed. "Appa, morning." His small voice was soothing. I didn't know how much I'd missed the poor guy.

"Morning Jin. How are you feeling?" I asked and sat back down beside him. Jin shrugged and sighed, "I'm hungry, but I feel like I'm dying."

"Nonsense, you aren't going to die! Let's fix the stomach issue though." I stood up and scooped my son into my arms. He wrapef his arms around my kneck and we walked down to the hospital cafeteria.

Breakfast was just being served and we got our meals together. I sat him down at a table by the wall. The seats were comfy and the table set was pretty blue. We started eating our food and I looked at Jin.

"So some little birdy told me, you have been doing better and you get to come home soon." I saw his eyes light up. "Really? When?" He gasped.

I chuckled to myself, "In a couple days." He smiled wide, "I can't wait!"

***********************************

Yoonshi Wun

I held his hand as we walked up the steps. The house seemed brighter already. Jin let me go and ran back to the bedroom. He was excited to be back home. I wished that Jungkook could've seen his face, but he was going to see his father's grave. Gladly Jungkook only had to work two days now. Sunday and Monday, which meant he could get more sleep and time to spend with the family.

The doctor said that it was like a miracle that Jin's cancer completely dissipated. He said if there was ever any weird signs to bring him back. Jin had a three week check up anyways. I was just glad he was okay.
Jin's hair was still falling out a little but the doctor said it would do that for at least a week, but he'd still have some hair left.

I went to the kitchen and quickly went back into my memories.

                "Eomma!" I squealed as I ran into the kitchen with my art project I'd just finished. Mother was cooking up dinner and it was pretty late. She turned around with a smile on her face and gasped, "Oh! Let me see!" She took the painting and nodded in agreement. "Oh my! This is so good Yoonshi!"

I giggled, "Yeah it's back at home." Mom nodded, "I see. You have that Jungkook boy down spot on."

I had painted a picture of our old house and the family. There was Mom and Dad holding hands by the garden. And Jungkook and I covered in mud standing in the driveway.

I took the picture and sat down. "Eomma, are you okay?" I asked as she leaned over the counter as though she was in pain. I got up when she didn't answer and ran to hug her, "Omma? What's wrong?"

I heard the door close and Appa gasped when he saw us. "Yoonshi what happened?" He yelled and ran to the rescue. "I didn't-"

"Get in the car-" He helped Mother up and I did as I was told.

I blinked and ended the flash back. I shook off the memory and went to fixing dinner again. So many memories in this house. Memories everywhere, here in Busan and back home at Seoul. Some memories that were happy and filled with joy, but some that were upsetting and that shouldn't be remembered. But they were there. Everything was still there, in my mind. In this house.