I Promise

Yoonshi Wun

I knew everything would work out. Jungkook had ended up walking me home from school. My dad and I had a conversation about Jungkook and I being officially together. He was happy for me and allowed him to still come over. My Appa was always cool like that.

I layed back on my bed with the phone on speaker, desperate to hear Jungkook's voice again. Voicemail. Crap.

I rolled over and shrugged on a heavy coat. It was freezing out but I didn't want to stay bored here at the house. I hitched my breath when the air hit my face. Automatically making my cheeks and nose red. I sniffled and pushed on.

I found the small entrance of the thick forest, and wiggled into it. I walked down the trail and out to the pond. It became still, and all was peaceful. The clouds grew dark as I sat there watching the water. The willow seemed more bare than it was the last time I'd visited. I flinched at a cold raindrop slid on my face.

It wasn't rain, it was snow.

I looked around in awe at the white flakes that fell around me. I gasped and twirled around repeatedly. It was so beautiful. I hadn't seen snow since I was a little kid the only thing missing was-

Jeon Jung Kook

I ran into the trees. I needed to cool off. My father got all worked up and I had to leave before he started swinging. Anything I did had made him tick lately... Or was it something I wasn't doing?

I burst onto the open area and almost fell over when I saw who was there. Yoonshi? Why was she here?

I didn't know it was snowing but I did now. I reached out for a flake and it melted at my touch. I smiled broadly at the sight of her dancing. Well spinning. It was just like she used to. So happy and childish. It was really cute.

"Ah! Jungkook!" She stopped and motioned for me to come over. I ran to her and she walked forward; almost falling down. "Whoa there." I steadied her. "Why are you here?" She asked tilting her head. "I'd ask the same." I watched snow gently fall on her hair, it was pretty. I saw her lips quiver from the cold-

"Yoonshi? Can I kiss you?" I asked not taking my eyes off her lips. I licked mine not waiting for an answer and kissed her. I kissed her passionately. She kissed back and there was some tongue. We stood there kissing for a long time. I pulled away and felt like an oven. I was actually very warm now. I hoped she was too.

Yoonshi smiled at me, "I love you." I blushed and looked away. My face grew cold again and I was ready to get home.

Not home... My father was there...

"You wanna come over for a bit?"

Oh my god, could she read my mind? I nodded slowly; my hands beginning to shake. I took one last glance at the pond before disappearing behind the brush.

Yoonshi Wun

"Appa? I know it is late, but I was wondering if Jungkook might stay a while? Just until we warm up?" I asked. My dad gave a smile and said it was okay.

"Come in, it's freezing out there." I pulled my boyfriend inside. It felt so weird thinking of him as my boyfriend... A good kind of weird you know?

We took off our damp coats and hung them up. "I'll fix some hot chocolate if that's alright?" My father asked and we nodded in response.

"Hey, we are pretty dirty, if you want you can take a shower. I am." I said leading him to the hallway bathroom. "That would be great." Jungkook shivered. I nodded, "I'll go get you some clothes, be right back."

I went into my room. I had some sweat pants that my dad gave me when he couldn't wear them anymore. They were a little loose on me and I'm sure they'd fit Jungkook. I also grabbed a plain white tshirt that could probably fit him well too. Since his boxers were not wet, he'd just have to put them back on.

I opened up the door and Jungkook looked at me. He had taken his shirt off and I tried not to look at his amazing torso. Boy, he was really fine. "Ok I'm sure you can wear these. Don't be weirded out, I was the last person to wear them, and I'm sure you can fit them good." I handed him the folded clothes and closed the door.

I went to the bathroom that was connected to my room. I turned on the water and stripped down. My clothes were damp and cold and it was a struggle to get them off.

The hot water stung my body, but I decided to bare it. It felt nice. I just rensed off until I shook the cold feeling; which didn't take long. After I was finished, I got dried off. I walked into my room and put on a fresh pair of panties and a sports bra. I slipped on a black longsleeve and sweats. I just left my damp hair down, to airdry. I got up and walked into the kitchen. Jungkook was already sitting down with a cup of hot chocolate. It smelled really good. "The clothes fit you okay?" I asked as I got my cup from my dad. Jungkook nodded and sat his drink down. "They fit good." He said.

"Good, you can have them." I said. I had too many clothes and he rocked the look better than I ever could. Besides I had a lot of sweats and tshirts. He smiled and I sat in front of him.

"It's snowing out, I'll drive you home later. Drink up for now, I'll put your clothes in the dryer." My dad walked off to tend to his word.

Jungkook seemed to of cringed at the statement. "You okay?" I sipped my drink. "I dunno, just not really interested in leaving." He said and fiddled with his cup. "Why not? Something wrong?" I asked. There he was, keeping secrets again. He made eye contact which made me feel somewhat better, "I just don't, it's nothing."

I opened my mouth to talk but his phone rang and interrupted me. He looked troubled and stood up.

"Appa? Um yes I'm at the Wun's pla- Yes? Oh-ok... Ok, bye."

He hung up and sat back down. "Who was that?" I asked finishing off my chocolate beverage. "My dad, he's on his way to get me." He downed his drink and stood up. I stood up and followed him outside. I grew a bit angry.

"Jungkook what are you hiding?" My tone sounded more harsh than I intended it to. He looked back at me coldly. I was taken aback at the look and stepped back.

"Yoonshi, please. Not now-"

"Then when?!"

"Yoonsh-"

"No! Ok, tell me what is going on!"

"Please jus-"

"Jungkook tell me n-"

"MY FATHER BEATS ME! OKAY?"

I covered my mouth and instantly felt bad. He had again yelled at me harshly. But I knew I deserved it. His father... beated him? It was terrible but it all made since now. Everything made since.

I didn't know what to say. My heart dropped and I just looked at my feet. "Jungkook... I didn't know-"

"Of course you didn't." He started getting upset and I couldn't see him well, but I knew he was crying. "I'm sorry Yoonshi, I just- I didn't want you to find out this way."

"What other way is there hm? Don't apologize, I deserved that. But you, why- why does he hurt you? Was that where your bruises come from?" I walked to him and grabbed onto his coat. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. A car entered the driveway and the headlights were on us. Jungkook pulled away, "I'll get my clothes later. Bye Yoonshi, see you around." Jungkook stalked to the passenger side. His dad looked mad, and I was scared for him. I wanted to protect him... to tell him it would all be okay. He needed that reassurence.

See you around? I hoped he would be okay... I walked inside feeling a lump in my throat. I didn't know, but I did now. I needed to protect him. I was going to protect him... I promised myself... I had to. Not just for him, but for us.