Farewell

Yoonshi Wun

I wore my ring proudly as I came home. My father was going to give Jungkook and I news tonight over a nice dinner. I had just come in from being in town. Jungkook took the not being preggers news quite well.

I was still a bit let down. But we could always try again.

"Appa let's go. We have to go get Jungkook!"

Jeon Jung Kook

"Appa? Is it alright if I leave for a bit?" I didn't want to upset him. My father had just got over a hangover. "Why? Where to? With who?"

"You know, Yoonshi?" I said softly.

He shook his head, "That girl?"

"My fiancé. I told you Appa..."

I slipped outside as their car pulled up before he could say anything more.

"Hey Yoonshi!" I got in the car. I sighed a huff of relief as we took off. "You okay? You seem jumpy hun." Yoonshi hooked onto my arm.

"No, I'm fine." I stared out the window.

***

"This is really good food!" Yoonshi took another bite at her food. I nodded in agreement. It was really good actually.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss it." Mr. Wun picked at his food before forcing another bite. "Miss it, Appa what do you mean?" Yoonshi gave a worried look. I decided it was best to just watch, my imput wasn't needed at the moment. Was her father going somewhere?

"I told you before I think..." He trailed off. "Appa?" Yoonshi's face grew red.

"Yoonshi, I am going away-"

"When?!!"

Mr. Wun sighed, "By morning." "By morning?? Appa no!" Yoonshi's jaw clenched. I slipped my hand over hers, "Yoonshi..." I felt her relax when I spoke. "That's the thing. I insist that Jungkook moves in immediately. When I'm gone, I really don't want Yoonshi to live alone. I'm going to leave the house to you two." He looked at us intently.

"Mr. Wun, I know I am to marry your daughter. But I'm not sure my father is mentally ready for me to leave just yet. And this news might send him off..." I cringed inside, not really up for getting beat once I told him.

"Jungkook, I just want you to be there for her. I guess you can take your time, just not too long okay?" He asked. I nodded.

Yoonshi was fiddling on heer phone, "Yoonshi?" I got her attention. "You okay?" I asked.

"I guess, I mean I'll still have you to pester so yeah." She laughed. We laughed together.

It felt weird... Her father leaving everything to her...

Big responsibility. But I was going to be there every step of the way...

*** ***

I walked into my house. My dad, still wide awake. "Appa? why haven't you went off to bed yet?" I asked going to sit down in front of him at the kitchen table. He sighed, "Jungkook... I know you are going to marry that girl. I need help. I don't think I can live alone... After your Eomma... I can't!" My father layed his head on the table as he began to weep. I looked at him with sad eyes. My dad was rarely like this, and when he was, I had no clue what to do.

"Appa, I will get you help. I'll find someone to check on you while I'm gone." I spoke softly. He tensed up, "Where are you going?"

"Well Mr. Wun is leaving for a job. He is leaving the house to Yoonshi and I, and I need to be there for her." My father sat up with a puffy face.

He slowly nodded and stood up going to the fridge. "I'm going out for a bit." He got a beer out and took a swig after opening it. "Appa it's late-"

"Shut up. I don't want to hear anymore."

He stormed out with his car keys. My father, drunk, driving, and dangerous. Not good.

I didn't want to start anything else, so I just sat there and listened as the old truck sped down the road. Poor man... He feels as though everyone is leaving him. But I'm just moving on with life, growing up to be the man I was to become. With Yoonshi..

I sighed and went to my room. I guess it was an ok to pack, but I'd give my dad a few more days. He needed me now, and I needed him as a father. A dad. I've missed out on that connection since as long as I could remember.

I needed that. I needed to get right with him before I did anything else...