#Struggle

Yoonshi Wun
POV

I walked to the end of my street when I bumped into him. "Yah- watch out you pabo!" I yelled at him playfully. Jungkook laughed and turned around to walk with me.

It was the first day of school, for me. But the kids here had been going for three weeks already. My uniform, thankfully, matched my style. It was maroon, and I don't know why, but I liked it on me.

"So how is school here?" I tried making conversation. Jungkook smiled up at the sky, "It's alright, but even better because I won't be lonely now." He nudged my arm and I laughed, "Jeon Jungkook? Lonely? Please!"

He acted innocent, "Don't assume! I get lonely."

"Yeah and pigs fly." I laughed and looked away when he winked at me. My face heated and I needed to change the subject.

"So, who stole away the Golden Boy's heart?" I was asking because if I recalled right, he was speaking to a young girl over the phone yesterday. "Hm?- Oh, no one." He played it cool.
I knew he was lying and I just nodded my head.

_______________

We barely made it up to the gates before a group of three girls strutted up to us. The middle, obviously interested in my friend.

"Who is this?" She spat out and I was taken aback by her tone towards me. "She is an old friend. It's really none of your business." Jungkook glared at her and I noticed he clenched his fists. "Yah! I am your girlfriend I have the right to know everything!" Her voice got all high pitched and I cringed at her aura of neediness. I absolutely couldn't stand girls like that, how could Jungkook?

"Kim Hyjoon, can we discuss this later?" Jungkook shoved past her leaving me. I didn't want to be her chew toy so I tried following before one of her pazzy stopped me abruptly. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked.

My heart beated faster and I was in the spur of the moment. "No where, that's where!" Kim Hyjoon stepped towards me and got in my face. "You listen here you little freak! Jeon Jungkook is mine! And you better not even think about taking him away from me. Got it?"

I blinked and stepped back at the sudden intensity of the conversation. I hung my head low and shoved myself past them. I didn't care. I could hear them gasp behind me and I found Jungkook talking to another guy. He was tall and quite handsome.

He looked at me and smiled. His smile faded when Jungkook turned around and spoke up, "Yoonshi- hey sorry for leaving you back there. I had to leave before I killed her." I nodded glancing back at the frustrated girls.

"Yah- Jungkook who is your friend?" The guy asked. Jungkook looked at me and back up at the boy, "This is Yoonshi Wun. My childhood friend whom recently returned."

I gave my best assuring smile and bowed, "Yehet."

"Ohorat." He said. "Yoonshi this is Park Jinhye, my school mate and friend." Jungkook introduced him and Jinhye gave me a bow.

The bell rang, interrupting our "get-together" outside. We all went in and sorted out my schedule. I had three classes with Jungkook and the other four with Jinhye.

Sadly first period, History, had Kim Hyjoon in it. She gave me a deadly glare and I shot one right back. I challenged her to test me and she looked away in defeat.

The whole day went by smooth and I walked out after the last bell. My dad was already out front waiting on me. I told my two hyungs farewell and got in the car to ride home.

Jeon Jung Kook
POV

I got home after school. I was really glad Yoonshi got along with Jinhye. I knew that she struggled communicating with new people. But it had been two days already and they got along fine.

I stepped inside, "Appa are you home?" I didn't see the car outside, but I needed to make sure. No reply. I left him a note:

I'm going to Yoonshi Wun's house to help them paint their house. I will be back soon,
Jungkook.

I closed the paper in the crease of the door, and set off to do my task.

~~~~~~~

"Yah- Jungkook, like this." Yoonshi held over my hand and helped me stroke the wall with my paint brush.

Her mom was sitting on her walker, watching us. We were close to being done, and the sun was past down.

"Yah! Watch it!" Yoonshi gasped after I accidentally slung paint on her. She slung her brush at me and sent pain across my shirt. "Hey!"

We laughed and kept slinging paint on each other. Even her Eomma joined in and we three had the time of our lives.

We ended up calling it quits and my father came by to get me.

"Looks like you guys had some fun." My father said motioning to our bodies which were practically covered in paint. "Haha yes sir, we did. Your son here was a great help." Her mom spoke up.

"Thanks again!" Yoonshi hollered after me and I waved her off getting into the car.

"You know... I haven't seen you smile like that... in a long time." His eyes stayed glued to the road ahead.

I looked out the window, "Yeah, I had fun." My voice was low and I didn't want to seem intimated by my fathers nice gesture.

I saw him nod his head in the corner of my vision. "Jungkook. I've been a bad father to you. I don't even know how to start my apologies. I'm a drunken sorry excuse for you."

I heard his voice start shaking and I told him to pull of the road.

He poored his heart out to me and we sat in the car. He sobbed and I comforted my father into my embrace. The atmosphere was gloomy and it was a while before we was stable enough to drive again.

I knew my father meant his words. And I had it in my heart to forgive him. He may have been a terrible father, but I still loved him.

Even grown adults had soft spots, even if it took forever to get to them. My Appa still cared. And from that day, we had a different connection. A stronger one. And I didn't have to be afraid everytime I stepped foot in my house.

It was all because he saw me happy again.

All because of Yoonshi.

And for that, I owed her. Big time.