Raven

Yoonshi Wun

It was like a nightmare...

I woke up like every morning, but this morning I was eighteen.

I got dressed for school, and was curious as to why I didn't hear my parents up. I walked into the kitchen, finding Dad cooking up some breakfast.

"Morning Appa, smells good!" I said giving him a hug over his shoulders. He jumped; not knowing I was even there. "Yoonshi- ah! You scared me, and yes, I hope it tastes as good as it smells." He went back to whatever it was he was cooking.

I took a peek in the living room, "Hey, Appa? Where's Eomma?" She wasn't in there and she should've been up by now. He gave me a curious look, "Hm- Oh, she must still be asleep, go wake her up will you?"

I nodded and hummed a tune to myself as I made my way to their room. I opened the door and sure enough there she was, still peacefully asleep.

I closed the door back; not wanting to wake her. I went back to the kitchen, "Appa, she looks so peaceful, I don't think we should wake her."

He nodded and gave me my breakfast.

Soon, after finishing my food, I got my backpack and went back to my mother to get her up. She needed to get up to take her medicine.

"Eomma, time to get up." I said with a quiet tone, sitting beside her on the bed. "Eomma?" I grabbed her hand and gasped in shock. She was cold.

"Eo-mma?" I leaned down and caressed her forehead while the tears came to my eyes.

~~~~~~

Jeon Jung Kook

I stood out, at the end of her street for 10 minutes. Did it really take her this long to get ready? I doubted that...

I made my way up to her house. It seemed a struggle to step up their stairs this morning; my joints were stiff from standing in the cold for so long. I knocked on the door, my knuckles burned on the cold wood.

There was no reply, though I heard someone up. I could hear some movement but the door remained unopened.

I sighed, and walked away. After stepping foot back onto the sidewalk, there was a faint cry from the house. I turned to see Yoonshi running to me with tears streaming down her cheeks.

I don't think I'd ever seen her cry this way before. "Yoonshi wh-"

"She's dead! Jungkook, Eomma is g-gone.." Yoonshi nearly choked me when she bear hugged me. My eyes were cold and warm tears formed in them.

Oh my god. Mrs. Wun... was gone?

*** ***

Yoonshi Wun

I didn't want it to be this way...

Jungkook understood that the funeral was more important to me at the moment. I wished I was at the concert right now...

Maybe I wouldn't be crying as bad as I was right now.

I was in all black, and I sat on the front row, beside my dad and family. I couldn't look up from my hands in my lap. Even through the death just two days ago, I couldn't look someone in the eye. I wasn't ready to face my mother. I couldn't...

What was Jungkook doing again?

~~~

Jeon Jung Kook

It hurt my heart, really.

I stepped out on stage with the other six. It felt good being reunited with BTS and stuff, but I couldn't stop thinking about Yoonshi.

The crowd was cheering and screaming. Namjoon started us off.

We sang the first song smoothly, but then it hit me...

Why was I singing a song about someone that wasn't there? I mean the other boys... They had someone. Probably someone that was there at the concert. But me? No... Yoonshi wasn't here.

She was hurting and in time of need. I longed to comfort her... I should be there.

I looked at Park Jimin with a worried look. He nodded knowing what was bothering me. He smiled and nodded to the exit.

"Go on." He mouthed.

I gave him a pat on the shoulder and walked off stage. I heard the fans gasp and some yelled at me. I didn't care.

I had a funeral to attend to, and an amazing girl, whom needed my attention.

*** ***

"Jungkook?" I heard a voice behind me. I was outside the building be the garden. I needed some fresh air.

"Hm?" I asked not moving an inch. I knew Yoonshi might want to speak with me.

She unexpectedly came up to me, and hugged me; burying her face in my side. I hugged her back, pulling her close.

I sighed, "You know, she was like a mother to me too." Her grip tightened around me and I felt her nod her head. "Why did you come here? What about your band?" Her voice was muffled by my jacket.

I smiled to myself and layed my head on hers, "This was more important to me; they knew that." She released me and looked up at me, "Why did you kiss me? That night?"

I tried explaining from my heart, "After everything we've been through, together... It just felt right. I just went for it." She smiled to herself, and I saw her cheeks flush pink.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you liked me. Jeon Jung Kook? Do you like me?" She chuckled to herself. I smiled and looked up. The sun was bright today; making Yoonshi's face beam brighter than usual, even though today was a sad occasion.

I pushed the hair out of her hair, putting it behind her shoulder. "Yoonshi? Maybe I do." She laughed and stepped back.

"Oh boy, not this pabo." She punched my arm playfully. I laughed along, but I was offended that she found the remark as a joke.

I really do like you, Yoonshi Wun.

She picked a daisy out of the garden and turned to give it to me. After receiving it she said, "Yah, Jeon Jung Kook! I might like you too." Her smile light up her face, melting my heart instantly.

I giggled and took a smell of the flower she had given. It smelled really good.

I looked up at Yoonshi and slipped the flower in her hair over her ear. It looked really cute on her.

"Jungkook, I'm sorry that I missed that concert. How can I make it up?" She took the daisy out of her hair and studied it's features.

I scoffed my shoes in the dirt and thought, "Ah- there is a senior prom next week. I thought you heard by now. Everyone has been talking about it."

She shook her head, "I haven't heard about it."

I shrugged, "Would you consider going to this prom with me?"

"Sure." It felt good to hear that. It felt good to see her smile and laugh.

Rest In Peace Mrs. Wun. You Will Be Greatly Missed. <3