Twist~

Yoonshi Wun

"I can't believe we didn't see this the first time he was here." The doctor said after closing the door. I felt tears fall down my cheeks. I needed to call Jungkook. He needed to get here, fast.

"How long has he had it?" I asked. The doctor shook his head. "By the way it looks, maybe a few months? It's spread all over his body now, no doubt about it."

"How am I supposed to tell a seven year old that he might die?" I yelled and started crying harder.

"Look, I'm sure it's not too late. If he starts radiation treatments right away, there could be a chance that he might not." The doctor explained.

I thought for a moment, "How did he even get it?"

"Jin's situation on the streets, that might have done a number of it. But people can get cancer and never know how it even formed. Sometimes, it just happens."

I cried into my hands and felt him touch me. Jungkook. He rubbed my shoulders trying to calm me down. I turned and hugged him tight, "Yoonshi, what's wrong?"

"Jungkook, Jin has cancer." I cried and burried my face into his shirt. Jungkook gripped my tighter, "What kind?" "He has leukemia."

"How long has he had it?" Jungkook kept pushing me to speak to him. "For like a few months I don't know!" I lost my temper and quickly felt guilty for yelling at him. "Kookie, I'm sorry. I'm just really upset. He could die... my baby is gonna die." I cried again and I ran out of the hallway. I needed to get myself together.

I got into the car and cooled off.

Jeon Jung Kook

I talked to the doctor longer and he said we needed to leave him here so they could start treating him. I went in to see Jin. He was lonely in the little room. "Hey buddy." I patted his knee and sat down in the chair by the bed.

"Appa? I didn't know you were here to see me." He smiled. My heart broke at what he asked next, "What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you. It's just, we found out something we didn't know before." I said calmly. "Like what?" I tried to think of a way to explain, "Well, you have this disease, called leukemia and it's a type of cancer."

"Cancer? As in like something that kills you?" He asked. "It can, but you're not going to die." I said.

"Is that why Eomma was crying?" He asked. I nodded.

"I want to go home." Jin started to cry. "I want to go home!" He said again. I got up and took him into my embrace. He tried to push me away but I remained there. "Jin calm down shhhh..." I rocked him side to side slowly. Jin gradually calmed down. All was silent. I could hear him sniffle.

"Jungkook?" Yoonshi opened the door behind us. I didn't flinch.

"Eomma..." Jin whispered.

Yoonshi came over and I let go of Jin. She bent down to his level.

"Hi there." She smiled at him. He smiled back with his red face and puffy eyes.

"The doctor said you should stay over night okay? They are going to try to help you get better, can you do that? Will you be good to them?" She asked.

He nodded, "I'll be good. Can you ask them if I can listen to some music? I think that will make me better."

Yoonshi giggled, "Bob Marley huh?" He nodded. "Yeah I thought so." She giggled again and got up, ruffling his hair.

I sat against the wall and waited for her to come back. Yoonshi returned with a radio player. "Here we go, they had his CD." Jin gasped and clasped his hands together.

She turned it on and it went on to Jin's favorite song. We all sang and danced along. Jin got a good laugh and it was time for us to leave.

"We'll come by first thing tomorrow morning okay?" Yoonshi tapped her lips and Jin gave them a cute little peck. "You be good, and hang in there kiddo." I laughed and kissed the top of his head. We waved at him as we left the room. The doctor went in after us.

Yoonshi and I started down the hall and turned abruptly when we heard Bob Marley playing.

The doctor was holding Jin's hand. In Jin's other hand was the radio, blaring music.

He didn't turn around to see us, but I was glad we saw him. He looked pretty happy and it put a smile on my face.

Yoonshi and I drove home and couldn't wait till tomorrow.