What Did I Miss?

Jeon Jung Kook
POV

I woke up and quickly got dressed. My father was still passed out on the couch from being drunk last night.

I made sure I looked decent and got ready to go out. I was determined to know if my childhood friend had returned. After lacing my shoes up, I slipped on a jacket and headed outside.

  I turned the corner and stepped onto the sidewalk. I strolled up to the house and I was hesitant at first to knock on the door, but finally brought myself to do it. After a few short knocks, I stepped back and waited. There wasn't a response. Maybe it was too early? Surely not. It was 10 o'clock.

There was still no answer so I turned to walk off. I ruffled my hair and nearly froze in my steps when I heard someone call my name. The same soft voice, yet seemed to have matured a little. "Jeon Jung Kook?"

I smiled to myself and turned around to face her. Yoonshi ran out to me, giving me a bear hug, almost tackling me to the ground. I hugged her back and laughed, "Yah- Yoonshi! You look so different." She didn't let me go. I was sort of embarrassed for her. She was still in her pajamas. A tank top and sweat pants. She had on fluffy boots and her hair was down, long and soft.

"I missed you so much ya pabo!" She backed away to look me over. "Now you are taller than me... But not by much." Her teethy smile was cuter than I remembered.

I gave her a look, "Yah! You actually look really good, Yoonshi." The compliment made her cheeks turn slightly pink. Why would she blush over that?

"Ah- It's just good to see you." Her smile died down and she turned back at the house. "You wanna come in for a bit?" Her eyes were bright and she still had that flame. I really had no where else better to be at the moment so I took the offer.

"Before we go in... There's something you should know." She turned to me, a hint of sadness on her face. "What?"

She sighed and continued on, "My Eomma... she is very ill. So try not to make anything of it." Yoonshi spun around and opened the door after seeing me nod.

Her mother is sick?

We walked in. The house seemed very different from what I remember. It was larger and the flooring was different. The walls were painted a completely different color and it just seemed off to me.

"Appa, Jeon Jungkook came by to visit." I heard Yoonshi's voice and followed it into the kitchen. "Hey! It's been so long, you matured into a fine looking young man." Her father gave me a firm handshake and I bowed slightly. "Thank you Mr. Wun. It's been a while." I laughed slightly but automatically felt at home.

He was cooking some type of American food. Waffles I think it was called? They looked really good.

"Care for some breakfast Jungkook?" Yoonshi read my mind and I licked my lips, "If you don't mind."

Her father gave me a glance, "Not at all! You've always been welcome and it would be rude of us to not to offer a meal."

"Daebak." Yoonshi's mother stepped in. She had a walker to help her move around. I didn't think her illness was serious until I saw how bad she looked.

The Mrs. Wun I remembered was active and always ready to face whatever was thrown at her. Time really changed things. I felt sort of bad for her, she looked very sick.

"Mrs. Wun! Hello!" I gave her a smile and a curt nod. She smiled back, "Jungkook? Look how much you've grown." I bowed to her and smiled wide.

Yoonshi helped her eomma sit at the table and motioned for me to take a seat as well. Yoonshi passed out plates and forks and then took a seat beside me.

Yoonshi Wun
POV

Breakfast went by smooth and I was very happy to see Jungkook again. Being in this house and having him around made me feel like a kid again. He brought the playfulness out in me.

My mother didn't eat much and complained that she was tired. "Appa, it's ok. She can eat later- if she is tired then let her go back to sleep." I got up and helped her back to my parents room.

"Yoonshi?" She asked as she layed down. I put her oxygen tank on as needed when she was going to sleep. "Yes Eomma?" I sat by her bed and held her hand.

"That boy, Jungkook... He turned out to be a fine young man now, huh?" She laughed before coughing. After she caught up with her breath I spoke up, "He has hasn't he? Haha, yeah well... I think you need some sleep. I will be in later to check on you okay?"

She nodded, "Ah-Yoonshi?"

I stopped by her door. "Since Thursday is your eighteenth birthday, you should invite him over again. It will be fun!"

I nodded and closed her door.

I went back into the kitchen where Jungkook was helping with the dishes. "Appa, can I steal Jungkook away for a minute?" I asked smiling at the both of them.

"Since that smile couldn't be any more creepy, I suggest you spare me and take him. Go on before you burn my eyes even more haha!" My father joked and shooed us off.

We went into the living room and sat on the couch. "We just got in yesterday. And my eomma was suggesting a new paint color. Maybe Tuesday after school, you might look into coming back and helping?" I asked looking around.

He smiled, "Yah, I might just do that." Jungkook's phone buzzed and he took it out of his pocket. He made a face at the caller ID and was hesitant before answering.

"Hello? ... Yah- Uh, Yoonshi. I'm afraid I must leave. I'll see you at school tomorrow." Jungkook stood up and showed himself out.

Hmm... well that was odd.

Jeon Jung Kook
POV

"I told you a million times this week that I wasn't free this weekend!" I grumbled as I walked down the road.

I can't believe my girlfriend called me up after I told her not to. I wasn't even sure why I was dating Kim Hyjoon in the first place. I guess I must have been really desperate...

"Yah-Jeon Jungkook! I swear if you don't even try to see me outside of school, I will leave you!" Her annoying voice rang over the line. I rolled my eyes at her words.

"Whatever." I hung up and made my way home.

I really think Yoonshi should have me around now. She really needed the younger company, and I was the only person she really knew in Seoul.
.... Or was it the other way around?