Picture Perfect?

Jeon Jung Kook

My story was published, and I started making profits instantly. The reads went up gradually, along with the money stashing up in my pockets. I told Yoonshi that I had been making a lot, and we put most of it in the bank. Now that we had Jin to take care of I'm sure the money would be spent easily. School was coming up at the end of this month and we still had a lot to get. Along with wedding things, we decided to have our wedding at our hide out. It would be more like a gathering, only Jinhye and Moseiok would be able to make it. Which was fine, I didn't want a whole big party anyways.

I stepped out of the car in my black suit and fixed my bow tie. Jin hopped out of the back and quickly clinged onto Yoonshi whom was in her black outfit as well.

I held her hand tight as we entered the church. I saw the casket and looked down hesitant to go any further. I took a deep breath and continued down the aisle. There lay my father. Dead.

Just plain dead. That was it. No more Appa. He was gone, forever now. Like a storm. It would rain emotions. The lightning was like flashes of memories. The thunder was the after feeling of the flashbacks. Like a loud crash on your heart. I felt all of these emotions for this one man.

But I just kept feeling, knowing that I could have saved him. I should have donated my kidney, my liver, my life. I'd go back in time, for him. He didn't deserve death. Not like this.

What was done, was done.

~~~

He was burried by his parents. The funeral was a good thirty minutes and we had drove about ten minutes out of town to the grave yard where his family was. I watched as they lowered his casket into the already dug hole.

I held my tears back and pushed past Yoonshi. "Let's go. I don't want to see any more."

I was glad she didn't try to kepo me there. She just bundled Jin up into her arms and followed me out. We drove back into Seoul and I went down a familiar road. A dirt road that was lined up by thick woods.

The three of us evacuated the car and I led them down the familiar trail. When we reached the field, I felt my tears return. This time, I had no intentions on stopping them.

Jin ran down to the pond like a curious little kid. In which he was.

Yoonshi came in front of me and hugged me as the tears escaped my eyes. I shut them tight and cried on her shoulder. She rocked me side to side and tried to help me calm down.

"I- I just miss him! I could have-"

"Shhhh, it's alright. Shhhhh.."

I took deep breaths and twirled her hair around my fingers. I finally calmed down, and we went to sit by the willow like we used to. It felt good being back, but there was a chunk of my heart missing. I didn't feel the same.

*** ***

Yoonshi Wun

Jungkook was getting better now. Today was the first day of school for Jin, and we'd already sent him off. Jungkook didn't have work today, so he and I just stayed home and in bed. I was so worn out with everything. In and out from town with Jin and then having to deal with Jungkook and his work. Then trying to fix meals in between. And doing all the other chores that needed to be done. While trying to catch up on sleep that I'd been missing out on.

I did notice that Jin was being a little strange. He seemed more pale than usual and he'd been really holding off on eating as much lately. I'd have to go get that checked out soon.

I fell asleep on Jungkook after laying there for a while. It felt good to just lay down and relax for a little while.

~~~

I went to get Jin after his school let out.

"How was your day?" I asked and smiled at him in the review mirror. "It was okay. I just don't feel right." He said and batted his eyes a few times to himself. He did look worse. Stress maybe?

"Well let's go get that checked out hun." I said and drove to the doctors.

We got called back and the same nurse was there. She smiled brightly at us, "Jin! You've grown so much since the last time I saw you!"

I nodded, "He sure is growing fast."

His weight was still low but it was better than last time. His blood pressure was off too, which was weird. His temperature was low.

"Okay, well I'll go get the doctor you guys just go inside here and wait." She led us to the room and we say in there patiently. I hoped everything would be alright.