Sleep Deprived

Yoonshi Wun

I woke up to an empty bed. Had Jungkook even went to sleep?

I got up and walked into the kitchen. He wasn't there.

I saw a note hung my a magnet on the refrigerator and read it.

~ Yoonshi, sorry I didn't make breakfast. Went to go see my father one last time. I love you and I'll be home as soon as I can. Be safe, and call me if you need anything. ~

I smiled at the little heart he'd attempted to draw at the bottom. It was so cute. But I re-read the note again. One last time?

That part scared me a little.

I went back into the bedroom and into the bathroom. I turned on the hot water and stripped off my clothes. A nice hot bath would get my mind off things.

~~~

I got dressed and blow dried my hair. After getting all fixed up to go out, I realized that Jungkook had the keys to my car. He'd taken his but forgot to get my keys out of it, to get to me.

Oh well... a walk was just what I needed anyways. I started my walk to town.

It was beautiful outside today. The sun had not yet warmed up the earth much so it was still cool. The flowers that lined up by the sidewalk were greeting to me and smelled amazing. They were purple and pink, very pretty flowers.

I listened to the birds in the trees sing their song and hummed to myself.

Today reminded me of my mother. Just coming back into Busan did. People here knew me. And my family. I didn't want to be reminded of all of it, but I was.

I walked around town when I got there and looked for "Help wanted" signs. When I couldn't find any, I decided to get something to eat. I walked into a cafe that I'd been in before.

I ordered some coffee and breakfast, which they served all kinds of breakfast.

I got my tray and sat down at the nearest table, by a window. I sipped my coffee and went over my meal in front of me.

Eggs, bacon, toast, and two cinnamon rolls.

Perfect.

I ate slowly and looked up as a little boy peeked in the window. He was dirty, and his clothes weren't nice looking. But he was cute. He smiled and waved at me, and I did the same back to him. I motioned for him to come in. He ran off to the front door and came to sit at the table.

"Hey!" I smiled and he smiled wide. "Hi!"

His voice was so cute. He reminded me of Jungkook when he was that age.

"You hungry? I'll get you something." I offered. He nodded and got up with me. I felt like a mom when he held my hand as we stood in line.

He got the same thing I did except instead of coffee he got chocolate milk. I didn't mind buying the boy some breakfast. He looked as though he hadn't eaten in a while.

We sat back down and he started eating.

"So what's your name?" I asked and ate more of my food. "Jin Kaihan." He stated softly.

I nodded, "Well Jin, where are your parents?"

He looked up at me, "I don't know."

I gave him a curious look, "You don't know?" He shrugged, "They said they were going to come back, but they never did, so when they didn't come back, I went to look for them. I haven't found them yet."

"Where were they going?" I asked finishing my coffe and started on my last cinnamon roll. "I don't know, they had packed up all of their things and just left me there at the airport." Jin explained.