No Please-

Yoonshi Wun

I broke down when I saw Jungkook. I'd come back to Seoul by bus and my back ached from the ride. Jungkook was sitting in the waiting room and had his head burried in his legs.

I ran over to him, and hugged him. "Kookie... I'm so sorry." He had already explained everything to me over the phone so there was no need to ask what was going on.

I rubbed his back comfortingly and told him everything would be alright. His father was strong I'm sure he'd make it.

The doctors kept him sedated, which wasn't a good sign. But hopefully they'd let him sober up a little bit and come back to reality. Jungkook needed that time to say all the things he couldn't.

Jungkook only wanted his dad to know how much he loved him. How much he had meant to him over the years. I'd only met the man four times in the past. He never really liked me, but he seemed like a kind gentleman. The stories that I'd heard from Jungkook about abuse and all made me feel hate for him. But they were past that, I had to let that go.

He had never done anything to me, so why should I hate him so? Because he hurt the one I held so dearest to my heart.

It was over now, he was harmless. Lying there in his hospital bed, still alive but not really, as the medicine kept him far from the real world. He was but a tree. He was there, but not really alive; moving.

He needed to wake up. For his son. For me.

"Yoonshi, my Appa is going to die." Jungkook weeped harder. I leaned down to his level.

"No he isn't. He is strong. I'm sure everything will be okay. Just give him time to heal." I said.

~~~

Jeon Jung Kook

I sat on his bed beside him. He just opened his eyes. "Appa, hey." I whispered quietly.

He just stared at me blankly. I saw Yoonshi leave the room out of the corner of my eye.

"How are you feeling?" I asked feeling his head with the palm of my hand. Still, my father said nothing. Just blinked and watched me.

I sighed feeling a speech coming on.

"Appa I know that you are a bit woozy, but I really just want you to know that I love you. You have been there, even though we had rock hard spots along the way, we worked past them. I forgive you; for everything. Please just hold on." I grabbed his hand.

He squeezed my hand slightly, "Thank you." He said weakly.

Tears escaped my eyes as my father and I were on better terms now. If he did decide to pass, at least I knew I'd forgiven him.

"I'm sorry for everything I did, son." He said slowly.

"Appa, shhhh. I know, I know. You need to rest. I'll come by later. Just sleep." I got up and smiled as I wiped the tears off. I was overjoyed that he has woken up but he really just needed to rest.

I closed the door and saw Yoonshi talking with a nurse near by. They caught sight of me and the nurse went past me into my father's room.

"She's just going to see how he is doing." Yoonshi said and took hold of my hand.

We walked out of the hospital and sat in the car.

I stared outside the window. "Kookie, what are we going to do now?" Yoonshi asked and placed her hand over mine. I rubbed my face and shrugged. I didn't know what to do. We couldn't stay at a hotel, we couldn't afford that. We had already sold the house here in Seoul for the money. There was no where to stay here.

"Let's go home." I said and started the car.

"Jungkook, you and I both know that driving back and forth isn't good. Look, you still have to work and I'd rather be at home anyways. Besides, I'd like to find a job too you know?"

I nodded, "Yes but my father might die. So I'll do whatever I have to see him as much as possible until I either know he is better, or if he does decide to die."

I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the street. We were going home until further notice.

I hated that Yoonshi and I had our disagreements. She wanted to get a job and get married. I wanted that for her and for us too. But with my father like he was, there didn't seem to be time for any of that.

"Yoonshi, while I'm gone back and forth to here and home, I wouldn't mind if you went to look for a job. It would be good for you to get out and find something you enjoy doing." I said keeping my eyes on the road. She smiled at me and looked out her window.

"Thanks." She sighed.

Yoonshi Wun

I was so stuffed. Jungkook was too. We'd went out to eat and now I couldn't eat anymore.

Jungkook went to take a shower and I got in bed. It was so warm under the blankets I just wanted to go to sleep.

Just as I dozed off, Jungkook's phone rang. I shot up and tried to hunt it down. I answered it once I got it.

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is the nurse, where is Jungkook?"

"He is in the shower at the moment why what's wrong?"

"His father, wants to speak to him."

I yelled for Jungkook and he ran out with a towel wrapped around his waist. I handed him the phone and went to lay in the bed again. I wondered what his dad might have to say.

I decided to think about something else. What kind of job would I get? Well I did like to do many things so it wouldn't be too hard to find something of my interest.

But what about Jungkook and I?

We'd come so far together. All of our lives, we only knew the way of each other. With everything happening so fast like it was, there wasn't really much time for just him and I anymore.

We needed to get married, so we could be closer. I wanted to be more committed with him. But how and when was a good time or place?

Not now I was sure of it.

But soon.

With all of these thoughts scrambled up in my mind I decided to just go to sleep.

I sighed a long sigh and fell asleep. Hopefully everything would be okay.

Jeon Jung Kook

I got into bed beside my beautiful fiancé. She was already passed out. I couldn't sleep, not now anyways.

I closed my eyes and tried to shake off my sad feeling. But it didn't work. I snuggled up close to Yoonshi and wrapped my arms around her. I burried my face into the pit of her kneck and huffed.

My mind kept flashing back to the phone call as I made myself go to sleep.

"Jungkook?" My father said weakly. I heard him sigh.

"Appa, I'm here what is it?"

He took a moment to get out what he had to say,

"I know that I am dying. I'm glad you came by and we got things right again. Now I can leave in peace."

"So you're just going to die like that? On me? No, not after you still have a chance of getting better."

"Son," He took a deep breath, "I am dying. Please just accept that. I have done you so much wrong I don't understand how you still care. But the fact is that it's my time. I must go now."

"No please-"

He hung up the phone.

I sat there for a moment to process what just happened. My father was going to die. I understood now. I didn't cry. Nothing.

I knew that whatever happened, happened. I couldn't prevent it, and I knew that. I held the phone tightly in my hands.

I needed to see him one last time. Hopefully he'd hold on long enough for that.