What's Next?

Jeon Jung Kook

I picked up the phone and wondered who would be calling at eight pm. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, is this Jeon Jungkook?" The voice asked.

"Yes this is him speaking." I said confused as to who or what this might be.

"Well how great! My name is Tyun Beeok, and I'm calling about a job offer." Tyun said.

"Job offer? I didn't apply for anything." I said.

"A uh- Mr. Wun called about the whole thing. He said you were very capable of doing the job well. If you would, I'd like to meet you in person to go over it. Is that alright?" Tyun asked.

My heart beated fast. A job offer? Why did Mr. Wun even do this?

"Um sure where at?"

"Well Mr. Wun told me you happened to live in Seoul. I live in Busan where the company is. How about you come here next weekend?"

Busan? No. Of course not. I still had things here. My father, friends, and this house that Yoonshi and I own now; it's already paid for.

I couldn't go to Busan. It's too much money.

"Actually, I don't think I can next weekend. I'm sorry to turn your offer down, but I'm happy right where I am." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Please reconsider, it's a great pay. I must go now, thank you for giving me your time." Tyun hung up.

Well that was random.

"Who was that?" I jumped at her voice. Yoonshi had just come homs from being in town. I didn't even hear her.

"Oh, just a job offer." I said.

"Job offer? Why didn't you take it?" She asked.

"How long were you-"

"Long enough! Jungkook, you need a job. It would be good for you."

I sighed, "Yoonshi, I still have things to deal with here. My father. Jinhye and other friends. And you and I have this house to take care of. We aren't even married yet, we need to just settle down for a while."

"Where is it?" She asked.

"Busan."

Yoonshi laughed, "Jungkook, I still own the house I lived in back there too! It's perfect!"

I shook my head, "I-I don't know."

"Just go see the man. If you don't want the job then we'll move on. Please concider it." She begged. I shrugged and smiled as she made a cute puppy face.

"Alright! Fine! I'll go see the guy, geez."

*** ***

I walked into the writing company. I saw a few famous authors that I'd read some of their books. I did like to write, I'm guessing that Mr. Wun took note of that.

"Jungkook?" He called ahead of me. Tyun motioned for me to follow into his office.

"Please sit down." He said and took his seat. I did as I was told and huffed. I was tired from the drive.

"First thing is first. In order to get this job, you understand you must move here in Busan. Tardiness is unacceptable."

I nodded, "My fiancé and I already own a house here. That wouldn't be a problem."

Tyun smiled at my remark.

"Do you think you might want the job? As you must already see, we are hiring new writers. People here and all around the world always love a good story. I've heard so much about your works, I'd love to read some sometime."

"Eh, they are just scribbles." I lied. "But yes, I think the job is right for me at the moment. I'd love to take it."

Tyun nodded, "Let's talk prices. Alright depends on which schedule works best for you. There is open spots on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Sunday through Wednesday's hours would be from 8:40am-2:40pm and on Thursdays, hours would be from 5:00pm-9:30pm."

"Those days are perfect! Thursday hours might be a problem. I hate being out that late, but if it's the only hours open, I'll take it." I said. What would Yoonshi think? I hated leaving her alone that long and late.

"I can't do anything about the hours. But you get paid $15.60 by the hour. See- I knew that would make you smile." He pointed out. That was quite a bit.

"I'll need some time to think about it and discuss it with my fiancé. But that's a really good deal!" I said.

He nodded, "Of course! I'll hold everything until you make your decision. If you do take the job, you'd need to get moved in as soon as possible."

I nodded and stood up along with Tyun.

He shook my hand and I was off to the car. Time to go home and see what Yoonshi would say about this.

I was nervous because I really thought the job was great. I'd just be anxious until I got home I guessed.