Daddy Kook

Jeon Jung Kook

I woke up after getting a chill. The bed was empty and I heard Yoonshi laughing in the kitchen.

I followed the voices and stood in the doorway. Jin was clinging onto Yoonshi's side as she fixed him a bowl of cereal.

"Well looks like you two are having fun." I laughed and sat at the table. Jin's face grew bright with a smile and he ran to accompany me.

"Goodmorning Kookie!" Jin said. "Mornin kiddo." I poked his nose. Yoonshi sat his bowl of cereal in front of him. He started eating and Yoonshi sat beside me.

"While you are at work today, I thought it would be best if I took Jin to the doctor. To get checked up you know?" She asked. I nodded and smiled.

"Good idea and oh- I must be getting ready! I don't want to be late!" I stood up and realized that I needed to go. I kissed Yoonshi on her forehead and ruffled up Jin's hair before I ran out of the door.

~~~~

Yoonshi Wun

I got Jin into the car and strapped him in. He wanted to carry his toy car with him so I let him.

"Okay, we are just going to see the doctor. We need to make sure you're a healthy young man now don't we?" I chuckled as I backed out of the driveway. I saw him nod.

"Remember to be on your best behavior and use your manors. Then maybe after I'll treat you with some ice cream." I said.

Jin gasped, "Yes ma'am!"

"There you go!" I laughed and turned on the radio.

~~~

Jin and I jammed out the whole way to the doctors office. He recognized a few songs and sang along with it.

We got called in next after waiting patiently for our turn. "Jin Kaihan?" The nurse called and we followed her back.

I took a seat as Jin stepped onto the scale. He weighed 68 pounds which was bad for his age. He was short and small though. With me knowing what conditions he survived in, I understood why he was that way.

He sat down and the nurse checked his blood pressure and temperature. "There could be a chance that Jin my be anemic." She said giving me a concerned glance.

"What does that mean?" He asked. "Honey, it means you are low on iron." I said. "Oh."

"I'll have the doctor check for that too."

*** ***

Jeon Jung Kook

I finished up my latest story and turned it into Tyun. He said he'd read it over night to see if it was capable of being published. Once he got an okay from the big bucks, I'd be an author. Which was amazing because I'd get paid a lot more than I already did.

I drove home and got inside. I found Jin and Yoonshi in the living room. Yoonshi was giving Jin a shot. I saw him cringe a bit and he blinked away the water coming in his eyes. Jin shot me a smile when he saw me walk in the room.

"Kookie! Hey!" He squealed and jumped up after Yoonshi put a bandaid over the injection spot. "Hey kiddo! How was the doctors?" He jumped onto me and I spun him around.

"It was great!" Jin laughed and he and I looked at Yoonshi as she came over to us.

"Jin, honey? Why don't you go play with some toys or watch some cartoons? I need to talk to Jungkook." She said and ruffled his hair. He smiled and ran off.

"Hey, how was work?" She started the conversation off easy. "It was great! I might be a published author soon!" I said.

"That's great!" Yoonshi smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back, "What happened with the doctor?" I asked. "Well I found out that Jin is anemic. And I just got done giving him his flu shot. The bad news is, we can't go back again until he is legally in our custody. They let it slide this time but made it clear that we had to do that in order for there to be a next time." Yoonshi explained and went into the kitchen. I followed and we sat down at the table.

"Anemic? How long does he have to keep taking the shots?" I asked feeling bad for the boy.

"They said every two days for at least six months. He also has to take more vitamin pills, Jin's health was terrible."

I rubbed my temples and sighed, "Poor kid, I feel bad for him."

"Jungkook, what if he gets real sick? We aren't allowed to take him back until we have proof that Jin is ours. What if child services takes him away?" Yoonshi's eyes teared up. Her and I were both attached to Jin now, no doubt about that. But we had agreed it was only temporary.

I was going to ask around and find his parents. But now that all this happened, I didn't know if I wanted to give him up. We had to know what happened to them though.

"Yoonshi, I'll make sure that won't happen. And if it makes you feel any better, I'll go ask around and see what happened to his parents." I offered and she sniffled.

"That would be great. You go do that and I'll start up on dinner." I nodded and kissed her hand then left to go fulfill my mission.

I drove around town for what seemed like forever. I went to a place by the ally where Jin had been staying at. It was a tattoo place and there was still people there. "How can I help you?" The guy asked behind the counter. "I'd just like to get some information." I said and leaned over the counter. "Alright sure."

"You know the little boy that lived out in the ally?" I asked. His eyes light up, "Yah- Jin Kaihan!" He said.

I nodded, "That's right. Do you by any chance know what happened to his parents?" The guy hesitated for a few moments. "I'm not absolutely for sure about this, but I heard word around town a while back, that his parents plane crashed. I heard they died in the crash, poor kid."

"When something like that happens, isn't there an article in the newspaper that usually fills you in on the incident?" I asked. He nodded, "I guess."

"May I use your computer?" I asked and got his okay. I headed over to the computer that was by the window. I went on the newspaper website. The ordeal happened about a year and a half ago so I started my search. I clicked on something that looked like it.

- Airline code 40733 made it's last flight yesterday. Plane was headed to America, but never made it. No survivors, all died on impact. The remains of the plane and passengers were just ash by the time someone got to them. Plane was discovered early this morning-

I didn't feel like reading anymore. So Jin's parents were gone. Did this mean I was to take him in? He needed someone. But right now, I needed to fill in the two back at home. Once things were straightened out, we'd figure out what to do next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

Oh my gosh! Thanks to all the readers who are taking their time to read this book! Last I checked there was 130 reads. Probably changed since then, but just thanks everyone for the support! Still not getting any feedback, don't be a ghost. :)

Please vote and comment! Anyone picked out a ship name yet? Hmmm... what's gonna happen next?????? :)

#thankstoallthereaders!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~