Our Moment

Yoonshi Wun

It wasn't ever the same.

Waking up everyday. The house; it felt empty.

All the pictures of my mother, had been taken down. My father, nor I could bare the sight of her.

The worse thing was, I hadn't seen my dad this out of it. He had taken off work since the incident. He didn't even get up early to cook breakfast anymore. Dinner? Nope. I wasn't even sure if he really was eating. I was worried for him.

I had been attending school as I should. People whom heard about my mothers passing, gave me their apologies and pity. I wanted to move on. But this was someone who impacted my every day. My mother.

I had gotten a beautiful light blue dress for the dance tonight. I had black heels to go along with it.

Jinhye and Jungkook met with me after school to talk about tonight.

"I'm fine with walking though." I said to Jungkook. I didn't notice I had taken ahold of his hand until Jinhye looked down at them. I moved away from Jungkook and grimaced at the sudden awkward silence. I snuck a peek at Jungkook's face and found him blushing. I turned my gaze fast and smiled to myself.

"Okay, well I guess walking is fine. Jinhye, you still taking that girl?" Jungkook rubbed the back of his kneck nervously. Jinhye laughed, "Which one?"

Oh god... this conversation wasn't going to end anytime soon now.

The two started bickering at each other and I walked off, ready to get home.

I texted Jungkook and told him to meet me at the corner around that time.

~~~~~~

I eyes myself in the mirror thoroughly. My black heels outlined my smooth legs. My dress stopped just above my knees, and rippled down in the back. It was strapless; my hair, long and curled, covering my bare shoulders. My makeup, not too much but just enough to give me a 'wow' look.

I was actually proud of myself. I actually looked really beautiful.

Jeon Jung Kook

I set it down on the wooden swingset outside under my porch. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when I gave it to her.

I wondered how beautiful she looked. How this, would make her face brighten. Was it wrong of me to say how much I truly loved her?

Was it too soon?

~~~~~~

I stood by the corner and waited for Yoonshi as planned. I was so ready to see her, I found myself walking towards her house. She met me at her driveway. I had to take a step back to study her.

"Whoa- You-you l-look very beautiful." I was tongue tied and felt like someone just slapped me upside the head. She was very beautiful. It was stunning.

"Thanks, not so bad yourself, hot stuff." She tapped my chest and walked past me. I ran my hand across the spot where she just touched me and trailed after her. "Yoonshi?" I asked trying to keep her pace. For someone in heels, she sure was fast.

She halted suddenly, "Wha" I accidentally bumped into her and she stumbled. I helped her steady. "Sorry, haha. And I just wanted to tell you that you look really amazing."

"You already told me." She fixed her dress at the bottom before turning on her heel to face me. The wind blew; making her hair graze over her face. Yoonshi didn't seem to mind but I wanted her full attention. I pushed the hair out of her face stepping closer. "I know, but I want you to know that I meant it." She moved closer to me now, and smiled. Her hands held my face and I gently kissed her. Now that I think about it, it really did feel right.

Her perfume smelled really good; and I pulled her even closer. There just so happened to be a car that drove by, and she stepped away out of embarrassment.

I laughed.

"Thanks again, for complimenting me." Yoonshi grabbed hold of my arm and we continued walking. I knew she was very self conscious, and no one ever really told her how beautiful she truly was.

I nodded when she looked up at me, I could see her smile out of the corner of my eye. It made butterflies form inside. I felt all mooshy and I sort of liked it.

Yoonshi Wun

We arrived inside, immediately being greeted by Jinhye and his date, Mosieok. She was dressed in pastel pink silk, and looked very lovely.

"You guys are late." Jinhye joked nudging Kookie. Jungkook gave a sarcastic laugh and led me to the punch.

He and I found a table to ourselves and talked for what seemed like forever. Nothing really big, just him telling cheesy jokes, and talk about different small topics. I grew tired of laughing and I wanted to dance. As if the DJ was reading my mind, a slow song came on. I shot up and drug my date onto the floor. I noticed Kim Hyjoon staring at us with hate in her eyes. I quickly looked away.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck. He gave me a smile and we swayed side to side with the music. I leaned my forehead on his and closed my eyes.

This was the romantic Jungkook. The one who told cheesy pickup lines. The one who complimented me, when he knew no one else ever did. The Jungkook that took a moment to brush the hair out of my face just so he could look at me. That was this Jungkook. Not the young, stupid boy that gave me cut out hearts with our names on it. Not the Jungkook that once stick glued our hands together. Not the kid who used to be by my side even when I didn't want him there.

He had grown up, and I had to push that little boy I once knew, out of my mind. He was still there, but I kind of missed him. He was so uptight now, and I felt like he was keeping things from me. It hurt me to see pain in his eyes when ours met. I could tell he was lying through his smile, even his laugh. He was lying to himself.

I kept my eyes closed just thinking about what could be wrong in his life. I knew about his mom. But I also knew he was past that. There would always be a scar, but the pain from the deep cut was gone. It was just there.

I felt my face heat up, but it wasn't mine. His lips slowly brushed against mine before finally pressing onto mine. I kissed him back.

I didn't know where to put him. Friends? No. Boyfriend? No. We hadn't really discussed it at all. Maybe it was better like it was now. Unanswered. I guess I'd have to wait until he was ready. Until I was ready.