Chapter 39

Another week has gone by. Chaz still hasn't woken up.

Today Justin and Ryan are doing something, and they won't tell me so I'm staying at the hospital with Chaz.

"Come on Chaz, wake up." I whispered. I stared at him for a good 10 minutes then my phone started ringing. The caller ID showed Justin.

"Hey."

"Hey Steph. How's everything?"

"He's still sleeping." I heard him sigh.

"Well I'm on my way to the hospital. Can I get you anything?"

"A coffee sounds good."

"Alright. I'll be there in 20 minutes."

"Alright be careful. I love you."

"I will. Love you to." I smiled and hung up the phone.

"Steph." I heard a faint whisper. I ran over to Chaz's bed thinking it was him but his eyes were still closed. I frowned and looked out the window to see the city traffic. 

Then I heard my name again. I turned around no one was here. I shook my head and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I looked at myself in the mirror to see bags under my eyes. 

I went to sit next to the bed again and read a magazine.

"Steph." I looked up to see Chaz's head turned to me but his eyes still closed.

"Chaz?"

"Steph." My smiled got bigger.

"You're awake?!" I clocked the nurses button to alert them to come to the room.

"I love you Chaz. I missed you so much."

"I love you to Steph." He whispered.

The nurses made me get out of the room so they can examine Chaz. I sat in the waiting room chairs across the hall from the room. 

"Steph?" I turned to the right where my name came from to see Justin holding two coffees with Ryan next to him.

"What happened?"

"He's awake!" Their mouths dropped.

"Are you sure?" Ryan asked. I nodded my head.

"He kept saying my name then I realised it was him. I called the nurses and they kicked me out of the room so they can do some exams."

"That's great!" I hugged Justin and then he handed me my coffee.

Its been about an hour and the nurses just came out of the room.

"You can go see him now."

"Hey buddy." He half smiled. I kissed his cheek.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit. How long have I been here?"

"A little over 3 weeks."

"Holy shit. I've been asleep the whole time?" I nodded my head.

"Steph never left your side. Except when I made her go to the hotel to sleep." He looked at me and smiled.

"Really?" I nodded my head. "Thank you Steph."

"Anything for my best friend."

Its been a week since Chaz woke up. Me and Justin got back to LA yesterday because we need to take care of our kids.

Once Chaz is dismissed from the hospital which should be in a couple of days, he's moving to LA for a while to get away from Canada and I can help him out. He has a broken leg and a couple broken ribs so hes going to stay with us until hes fully recovered.

"Momma."

"Hi Lukey." I picked him up and held him on my hip.

"Milk?"

"Want some milk?" He nodded his head then placed his head on my shoulder. I smiled and took him to the kitchen. I got out the milk and poured it into a sippy cup.

"Here you go." 

"Thank you." I kissed his forehead and placed him on the couch. I put on Dora and put a blanket over him. This is his nap time anyways so I dimmed the lights and went to the next room over. 

Justin took Mariah to the studio with him. He's working on a new album. 

 I heard crying so I ran to where Luke was.

"Whats wrong?"

"Stay." He cried. I half smiled and sat down and put him on my lap. 

I combed my fingers through his hair. His hair is like Justins when Justin was 15. Long and straight.

"Its time for a haircut." I whispered. He didn't reply and I saw his eyes shutting. I kept combing my fingers through his hair and eventually he fell asleep. I smiled and put my own TV show on since I can't get up.

I picked Chaz up from the airport with Ryan while Justin watched Luke and Mariah.

"How are you feeling?"

"Broken." I frowned.

"Steph. You don't have to feel sorry for me. It's not your fault."

"I know. I just wish I could do something."

"You have. You're letting me live with you for a little. And you've been by my side the whole time. I couldn't ask for anything more." I smiled and helped him inside the house.

The kids tried to jump on Chaz since they usually do when they see him but we held them back and calmed them down since he's injured. 

 "So when will you be fully recovered?"

"My ribs should be good in a couple weeks, and my leg should be a month or two."

"Just in time for the wedding." He smiled.

"Justin, can you help me upstairs? I'm tired." He nodded his head and I watched as Justin helped Chaz up the stairs.

"Goodnight Steph." Chaz yelled. 

"Night Chaz. Sleep good."