Chapter 38

Chaz has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. He hasn't woken up yet and it's really scaring me. 

We finally know what happened in the car accident. Chaz was driving home from his girlfriends house, well ex-girlfriend now. He was coming back from her house because he was breaking up with her. Anyways, when he was driving home, Chaz was driving through an intersection and some driver ran through a red light and hit him.The doctor says its a real miracle that he's alive right now.

Right now its 2 in the afternoon, and Justin went to his dads house to say hi to everyone. I told him to go. He wanted me to come with him but I didn't want to leave Chaz. I've known him since 1st grade. I cant loose him. 

*Flashback*

I was playing on the playground by myself swinging on the swings. I didn't have any friends except Justin because the girls all found me "weird". Justin didn't have the same playground time as me because we had different teachers.

I stopped swinging because my legs were getting tired. My swing was close to stopping but then I felt someone push me. I looked back to see a boy smiling.

"Why are you here by yourself?" He asked.

"I dont have any friends here." He frowned.

"We can be friends. Best friends." I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, I'm Stephanie. Whats your name?"

"Chaz. Can I call you Steph?" I nodded. Thats how everyone started calling me Steph.

*End of Flashback*

I smiled at that flashback. It was the first time I ever met Chaz. I remember that day like it was yesterday. 

The next 2 hours I just had memories about me and Chaz. Chaz has been apart of so many memories including learning how to swim, skiing trips and even my first kiss.

*Flashback*

It was a day before the 8th grade dance. I didn't have a date but I was still going with Ryan and Chaz. Justin was in Atlanta. I dont have many girl friends because they all treat me differently because I'm friends with Justin. 

But anyways, I'm sitting at home playing Xbox with Ryan. I was talking to him on the mic because he's at home. I got a knock on the door, assuming it was Chaz.

"Come in!" The front door opened to see a smiling Chaz. I smiled and he sat down next to me.

"God dammit Ryan! You freakin ruined my killstreak." Both Ryan and Chaz laughed. I rolled my eyes and ended the game.

I turned my attention to Chaz.

"Are you excited for the dance tomorrow?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't find dances that fun." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Anyone ask you?" I shook my head. 

"Why don't we go together." I thought about it for a minute or two.

"I'll go with you." He smiled and I punched his arm.

"Want to go scare Ryan?" I nodded my head and we ran out the front door to Ryans house.

- The next day, the dance-

"Want to dance?"

"Sure." He grabbed my hand and we started dancing to I like it like that by Hot Challe Rae.

Then the song turned to the slow dance. I started blushing. I was about to walk off the dance floor but Chaz grabbed my hand and pulled me in. 

We started dancing and I looked into Chaz's eyes. Then I realized we were both leaning in. Eventually our lips connected. We pulled back with smiles on our faces.

The rest of the night was fun. If you're wondering, me and Chaz did not date. We talked about it and we both agreed its better if we remain friends.

*End of Flashback*

I wiped my tears on the memory. Then I heard a knock on the door. I looked to see who it was. I saw Ryan walk through the door. I half smiled and gave him a hug.

"How you feeling?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Want to talk about it?"

"About what?"

"Anything." I wrapped a blanket around me. 

"I think Justin is mad at me."

"Why would you think that?"

"Cause I said I don't want to get married if Chaz isn't there." I put my head down.

"Steph, hes wouldnt be mad at-" He stopped himself because he knows Justin would get mad at that.

Ryan left and I'm just waiting for Justin to get here so we can go back to the hotel. It's 11 o clock and hes still not back. I'm really tired so I decided to go back to the hotel by myself. Its only 2 blocks away, I can walk.

I looked around in the sky to see the stars twinkling. I smiled at the sight.

I got back to the hotel and texted Justin to let him know where I was. I took a shower and changed into Justins shirt.

I laid in bed thinking about everything that has happened in the past 2 weeks. Then I heard the door open.

"Hi." He whispered.

"Where were you? I was worried."

"I put Jazzy and Jaxon to bed then me and Ryan met up." I nodded my head. "Steph, I'm not mad at you." I sighed.

"Ryan told you?" He nodded.

"I could never be mad at you for that. You're going through something rough right now. I'm sorry if I seemed mad." He gave me a kiss. "I love you Steph." 

"I love you too Justin."