Chapter 9

"Hey Steph."

"Hey Justin."

"Whats wrong?" I sat down on the bench.

"I'm going to stay in Canada until you come back to the U.S."

"Why?"

"My mom is sick and my dad has to keep working to pay for her medical attention. I just can't leave her alone."

"I understand. Do you want me to come home?"

"No. Finish the tour." 

"Alright but you know if you need me to come back I will be there,"

"I know and that's why I love you."

"Good. I love you too. But I have to go. The show is starting. Tell your mom I'm thinking about her. I'll call you after the show. I love you."

"Alright good luck. I will. Love you more." Then I hung up.

"Mom do you need anything?"

"No. Honey go out. Go hang with Ryan and Chaz. I'll be fine by myself for a couple of hours. You need a break."

"Alright do you want anything before I go out." She shook her head. 

"I love you mom." "I love you too sweetie."

"Hello?"

"Steph, you need to come home."

"Dad whats wrong?"

"Your mother. Please come home." I hung up immediately and started running home.

I ran into the house and into my parents room. My dad was laying there crying. I stood at the door, not believing what I'm hearing. 

"Why? Why did God have to take her?"

"It was her time honey." My dad put his arms around me while I was crying.

"She told me to go out for a couple hours. She told me she'll be fine!"

"She wanted you out of the house. She knew it was her time."

"The last words we told each other were we love each other." He rubbed my arm.

"I miss her Dad."

"Me too Sweetie."

"Steph?" I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I sniffled. It was Justin.

"Hi." I whispered. He half smiled and laid in the bed with me.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault Justin."

"I just wish I was here earlier."

"I'm glad you're here now." I snuggled up to him. We just laid there for hours.

 "I miss her so much."

"I know. She's watching over you Steph." He wrapped his arms around me.

We're at the funeral and I'm a mess. We sat down in the first row of the church.

"Would anyone like to say any words?" The priest asked. Then I saw Justin get up, and went to the microphone.

"I met Stephanie in kindergarten. Mrs. Fredrick was a second mom to me. She would always take care of me when my family had to work because my family didn't have a lot of money so my mom worked two jobs. Our moms have been great friends. The passing of Mrs. Fredrick to me, is like losing my own mother." Then I saw tears falling out of his eyes. "Thank you."

He came to sit next to me and I gave him a sweet, gentle kiss.

"I love you Justin." "I love you too Stephanie. I always will."