Chapter 47

Daniel's POV

I hear a knock on my door, causing me to stand up immediately and rush over to it. I turn the door knob, revealing Cat.

"Hey boo!" she greets, embracing me in a warm hug. "Let's go."

I grab my sweater from the closet, sliding it over my torso before closing and locking my door. We walk down the hallway, greeting my neighbours before heading down the stairs. As soon as we exit the building and the crisp air hits me, I feel serene. The breeze soothes me, calming any nerves I may have had.

"Daniel?" I suddenly hear Cat say impatiently, shaking her hand in front of my face. I shake my head, collecting my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry. What did you say?" I ask as we stop in the middle of the parking lot.

She grins. "This is my car. Let's get this show on the road!" she squeals and I flinch at the sound.

We climb into her black car (that matches her blackest soul) and speed off. As we begin driving, I grow more and more unfamiliar with the setting surrounding me. Where are we even going?

We suddenly stop at an abandoned building. A previous business sign is on the front of the concrete wall, but the words are chipped off and faded. I follow her out of the vehicle, walking into a dark alleyway. It's extremely sketchy, but I trust Cat. As we walk along, I suddenly notice a black door that basically blends in with the wall. She opens it, revealing a not-so-crowded bar area. I look at the faces, a few of them familiar. Shane and Meghan are sitting together, chatting among themselves. I gaze around, intrigued by the area, when suddenly I see the exact person I didn't want to see.

Joey.

a/n: my mom and sister just had a full on conversation about dildos. (: