Chapter 29

Daniel's POV

I wake up the next morning beside Joey, his head on my chest and his strong arms wrapped around my torso. No matter how much I want to stay here like this, I know I have to get to my first lecture at 8:45am and it's currently 7:02am. I wiggle out of his arms, hearing him groan. It makes me giggle lightly as I walk into my bathroom. I close the door behind me, grabbing my toothbrush and brushing my teeth before going back into my room. Joey is now sitting up, his eyes tired.

"Good morning, sweetie," I say, walking over to him and placing a kiss on his forehead. He smiles up at me, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Morning," he replies, resting his forehead against mine.

He suddenly pulls me onto him, crashing his soft lips onto my own. Our legs are intertwined and his hand is full of a fistful of my dark hair. I pull away, smiling.

"No matter how much I'd like to continue this, I have to get ready for class." I whisper, smirking at him. He pouts as I climb off of him.

"Can't you just miss one day?" he asks, sighing. I shake my head.

"No, Joseph. Unlike you, I actually go to my lectures," I tease him, watching as he jokingly rolls his eyes.

"First of all, don't call me Joseph, Danielle. Second, I've gone to...some of my lectures," he replies, and I chuckle at him.

"Whatever, Josephine," I say, going over to my dresser and grabbing a pair of dark jeans and a tight, white t-shirt.

Joey watches me as I put my clothes on, continuing to pout. I walk into the bathroom, ignoring the pouting boy on my bed. I grab my styling gel and style my hair to perfection. As I walk back into my room, I notice Joey has fallen back asleep.

Chuckling to myself, I walk over to his sleeping body and give him a kiss on the forehead. His eyes flutter open and he smiles.

"I'm just going to grab something to eat, then head to my lectures. I'll be back for lunch," I tell him, watching as he nods before pulling me in for a kiss.

"I love you," he says as I begin walking out of the room.

"Love you too," I yell back, walking out the door.

On Campus

I walk into a small coffee shop on campus, asking for a blueberry muffin and a bottle of water. Once I get the two items, I sit down at an empty table.

"Hey, you're Daniel, right?" I hear a familiar voice ask, causing me to look up. A girl with silver hair stands there. Cat.

"Yeah. Cat, right?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Mhm," she replies, sitting across from me.

"Look, there's something you should know," she begins, looking around anxiously.

"Um, okay? About what?" I ask, confused.

"Joey."

(a/n: I caught my sister watching the TØP cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love" and this is what happened:

Her: I'm watching a video of some guy playing a banjo in a minivan.

Me: *silent for a few seconds* it's a ukulele, duh! *storms off*

Her: okay...)